Stargazing

Mike directed me to an empty plain with grass and flowers. The sun was just setting as we set up the picnic. "This is what we will do" he gestured to the open area "having a picnic?" "Not just that but stargazing too" that is literally my dream date! It's the most romantic thing you could do with someone on a date (in my opinion) "Mike!" I cried "Yes CeCe?" He smirked. I ran over and jumped onto him he was strong enough to hold me up "this is so romantic! Thank you"
"I thought you'd like it"
"I do" I looked down at him as he looked up at me and our lips interlocked for a moment then he pulled away setting me down on the picnic blanket. Mike got out the speaker from the backseat and started playing "I can't help falling in love with you."

"I love this song" I laughed "I know, your mom told me, the next song you will like even better" he grinned and took out some fruit salad and spaghetti. The next song was "Perfect" my eyes grew wide and I looked into Mike's eyes that were gleaming in the moonlight "my wedding song!" He laughed and grabbed both my hands pulling me up to my feet. "Would you like to dance on this fine evening?" He asked still holding my hands in his. "I would love to Mr. Jones" I giggled he pulled me to his chest, so close that there was no space in between us. "Just want to warn you, I can't dance..." "I'm not so sure about that" he joked. That night as we danced, I stepped on his feet maybe five times. Once two songs were over we lied back down and stared at the night sky.

"Little Dipper" I called out. "Big Dipper" he added. All of a sudden he turned to me and said "I don't know if you know this but I love you" "oh, I don't think you've told me this. But hey, it works out because I love you too" we both laughed. Later that night he told me that I was the girl that he was going marry. "Mike... isn't that a little drastic? I mean I love you... SO much but, we might not even be going to the same College" I laughed.

He had to have been joking, I looked over at his face and it was stone hard, he was serious. "You're... not kidding are you?" I finally said. "No, why would I joke about that" I grabbed his chin and pulled his face closer to mine. I kissed him lovingly and long. "We can make it work... if you really want it. Just not now like I said; I'm focused on school."

Some people might say that Mike and I were going a little fast. I thought so at the beginning too but then later, I realized that we were going at the perfect pace. Mike was laying with his arms tucked behind his head and I nuzzled my face into his shirt and fell into a sweet slumber. I felt him drawing circles on my the back of my shirt with his index finger. He put his head on top of mine and we laid looking up at the stars. Solid. Not wanting to move from each other's warm bodies. An hour went past. Then two. I woke up and Mike was fast asleep. I stroked his cheek with the back of my hand. "Mike Jones, wake up" I giggled I kissed his neck then laughed as he groaned not wanting to wake up. My breath had tickled the hairs on his neck. He looked down at me and smiled tiredly. "You can rest on the drive back to your house sleepy head" I told him.

He groaned again but stood up heading to the car. I unlocked it and we headed back to his house. Before he got out of the car he said "can you sleep over please?" "I don't think your mom would like that very much. Plus I'm tired. I know that if we have a sleepover, I won't have any rest" I smirked. "You're tired. I don't want you to risk falling asleep at the wheel if you are tired and getting into an accident!" He tugged my arm and gave me big puppy dog eyes with his beautiful ocean eyes. "I'll ask your mom... she probably won't say yes though" I finally gave in and we walked into the house. "June?" I asked. She appeared from the kitchen. "Oh, you two are home? What do you need Celeste?" She sweetly asked "See... you probably won't say yes but could I sleep here tonight. I'm really tired and I don't want to risk driving while I'm exhausted and I fall asleep at the wheel and get in-" she cut me off "Yes. Mike'll set up an air mattress in his room" "really!" He looked ecstatic "Yes. But a sleepover means sleeping! No funny business" "okay, I'll call my parents" I excused myself.

"My parents are fine with it." I stated Mike had a gleam in his eyes and a smile on his face. "I'm going to bed. You can get Pajamas from Mikey" June said as she walked into her room and shut the door. Mike immediately lifted me so that my legs wrapped around his hips. "You heard what your mom said. No funny business I'm tired Mike...please" he frowned put me down and went to his dresser and pulled out a long shirt and went to the dryer to get some of his mom's gym shorts.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth with a spare toothbrush they had. I took the hair tie I had from my wrist and tied Mike's shirt to my upper stomach so it was turned into a crop top. I walked back into Mike's room and his mouth was wide open "you look... hot!" I laughed softly. Mike took an air mattress from the game closet they had and blew it up. We both put sheets and blankets on it. Before Michael turned off the lights, I gave him a goodnight kiss. It lingered on my lips. I wanted to give him another but I decided against it. He turned off the lights and we went right off to sleep.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I want to start a question of the day for every chapter I post so QOTD: if you could be any character of any book who would it be and why? (state the character and book title)