Going Public

After reliving the best possible moment to ever happen in my life, I drifted into a deep sleep. After my sweet dream I felt a sharp pain smash on my head. "GET UP!!" It was Faith's voice, I opened my eyes and see her kneeling on my bed with a pillow that was about to reach my head. "God, Faith! Why are you here?" I asked feeling groggy. "Um, school! I was ready to go to Panera for our morning coffee and bagel but you weren't outside of my house so I biked over here and you aren't even up?!" she sounded furious. "Get up! I picked out your outfit already I'll brush your hair" I didn't want to infuriate her more so I did as I was told. The outfit she picked out was a grey sweatshirt from Tommy Hilfiger and dark blue ripped jeans from Hollister which I paired with my white converse. It took me thirty minutes to get ready. All the makeup I did was mascara, concealer and foundation and chapstick. I hopped in the car and Faith and I both strapped in.

Twenty-five minutes was how long it took to get to school. I grabbed my book bag and had my eyes pealed out for Mike. I spotted him talking with Kylie he was looking at the entrance gates and at the trees as she was talking. Once he spotted me he excused himself from their conversation (even though it was just her talking) and came to my side. He grabbed my waist and placed his head on my hair. "Why are you so late? I had to talk to Kylie!" He asked me.

"Sorry, overslept. It didn't help that Faith smacked me with a pillow" suddenly hearing her name she turned to us and had the most proud mother type of look "well, you didn't pick me up to go to Panera so I had to take matters into my own hands" "did you tell her about us? She's looking at us weirdly" Michael whispered. "No" "you two whispering sweet nothings to each other?" "We aren't" I stated without the slightest bit of humor in my voice.

"So... I take it you two are more than friends, how'd that go down with your parents?" Faith asked wiggling her brows. I couldn't help but laugh "my parents really like him. Especially my dad!" I managed to stop laughing to reply to her. "Well good! Just try not to have too many PDAs okay?" She pleaded "we weren't planning on it" we both had agreed that I would get beat up by Kylie if we did, plus I don't like the attention. As mike walked me to my locker when the bell rang everyone was staring at me and him. When people were coming up to my locker Mike went over to his. "So you and the new kid Celeste?" "Oh us? Yeah um you could call us a couple." "Won't Kylie be upset?" asked a girl whom I've never seen before around campus. "I suppose but he is with me so what can she really do? He already said she wasn't his type" I spoke nothing but the truth.

The girls eventually walked away and Mike came back to my locker, rubbed my shoulders and escorted me to our first class. Mr. Reagan greeted us as we walked in, Nadia was in our class and when we walked in, with Michael smiling and talking with me she took out her phone and took a picture which she was sending it to Kylie no doubt. I didn't care, I had him and he had me, she couldn't do anything about it...could she?

The bell rang for class to begin and Reagan began talking about the project. "So everyone, has anyone started the project?" Mike and I along with Nadia and Faith (yep that's right, they sit together) raised our hands. Mr. Reagan nodded then asked "is anyone almost done with the project?" Faith and Nadia put their hands down but Mike and I kept ours up. "Very Good you two!" Reagan sounded genuinely pleased. Mike leaned over to whisper in my ear "can I hang out with you after school today, my house?" "To work on the project?" He sighed "so you could meet my family CeCe, you are my girlfriend after all" "oh, of course I'd love to!" We leaned away from each other but our hands became knitted together while Mr. Reagan began class.

The rest of the school day was pretty boring. People would just say how I shouldn't be with Michael and I just shrugged. People would stare at us as well not saying anything at times. It was a Friday so I had the whole weekend to hang out with Mike and Faith! Right as we got let out of class I walked to my locker with Mike, he held his backpack handle with his left hand. He set it down to hold my book bag as I put my binders in it. "Okay, Celeste Wild are you ready to meet the rest of the Jones family?" Michael smirked. "I'm more than ready! I hope they like me" "they'll love you! Trust me, come on let's go" he placed his arm around my waist as we walked to my car. "Wait what are we going to do with your bike?" I asked "oh, I lost it. I left it at school yesterday when you drove us to your house and someone took it. I had to get my mom to drive me to school." "I'm sorry" "don't apologize, let's to my house, you know the way right?" "Kinda, yeah."

Mike gave me some basic things about his family. "I have two younger twin siblings, boy and a girl they're in middle school. My mom is a single parent. My dad is a touchy subject for her and we are Christian so you might see crosses at the house." I nodded I need to keep these in mind. We reached the house and mike opened the front door with a spare key in a plant pot.