Rowaelin-Enterwined Powers

This is a short one tho.

"I love you. There is no limit to what I can give to you, no time I need. Even when this world is a forgotten whisper of dust between the stars, I will love you." —Empire of Storms

No. No. No. She was back in the coffin again. The darkness embraced her like an old friend. With any tiny movement, her back would scratch the iron surface and the pain made Aelin recoil every time. She was now chained up like an animal, the queen of Terrasen, now nothing more than an animal.
Oh gods. Why. She thought that Rowan had saved her and rescued her already. But now, she was back here again.
As she arrived in Dorendelle, Maeve caged Aelin in a dark cell. As she was thrown into the room, she could see nothing, not even the hand stretched out in front of her. Maeve knew that the darkness would drive Aelin into the point of insanity.
The image of her in the darkness now slowly faded away. Aelin was now in the throne room where Meave sat on the throne with her evil smile plastered on her wicked face.
"Where are the wrydkeys"
"No" was all Aelin said.
"Well then, Cairn."
The next thing she felt was the whipping, each lash was so painful. Cairn whipped her in the place where the old woulds where healing. Each lash sent heat towards every inch of her back.
Aelin no longer being able to hold in the pain, she screamed.

"Aelin, Aelin, Aelin!"
Oh gods. This was happening again. Rowan yelling his mates name over and over again. Finally, Aelin woke up from her scream. The bedsheets now wet from the heat Aelin had produced. She looked around, the darkness still coating her face. She had to be sure need to be sure that she was home, she was here with her Rowan.
"Rowan, Rowan." Aeolian murmured again and again. Her voice laced with fear. Fear that she will be put the coffin again, fear that she would experience the feeling of the lost of hope.
Rowan was devastated and sad. He was sad that his fireheart had to experience  the pain and that her once beautiful bright face now laced with the darkness that followed her everywhere since she was captured by Meave.
"I'm here fireheart. Always will be." Rowan hugged Aelin as she clutched his arm, never letting go. He said this passage to her over and over again as she cried into his arms. From that moment on, he vowed that he would not let her go again.
After Aelin calmed down, Rowan told her to go back to sleep.
"I can't Rowan, every time I close my eyes, I see her face, I feel the lashes on my back, I feel the terrifying darkness embrace me once more."
Rowan looked at his mate's eye with love.
"Fireheart, if you don't want to sleep, you don't have to. I'll stay here with you. Forever." He gently kissed her on the forehead. Then he remembered something that he had practiced and had always wanted to show Aelin. Even though this was not the time that he had wanted to show Aelin, she needed to see this.

"Aelin, I want to show something. But first, can you please light some flame from your hand. But don't burn me this time." Rowan said it with a chuckle.
Aelin obediently lit a small flame from her hand. The red golden flames danced on her hand as if it was her own shadows that always moved with her.
Rowan then send a small amount of ice onto Aelin's palm, resulting in a white smoke that ended Aelin's flame.
Rowan closed his eyes and the smoke starts to dance around Aelin's palm. As Aelin's turquoise gold eyes stared into the her palm, she could see her figure and Rowan's figure in it. The smoke danced around, replaying the first moment that they met each other till the moment that Rowan saved her from Maeve's evil clutch.
The smoke danced around, showing the first time she transformed into a fae, showing the first time they first met. It showed the nights that they spent together. It showed the night that Rowan wrote the old languages on her back. The time where they hugged each other when Rowan was back in Terrasen, and all those beautiful moments that they shared together...
As the smoke disappeared from her hands, Rowan opened his eyes and stared into Aelin's. His cupped Aelin's cheeks and kissed her gently as tears slid down from her face. Rowan wiped away the tears from Aelin's face and said to her
"I love you, fireheart"
"I love you too, buzzard" Aelin said it in a very soft voice to Rowan.
"To whatever end."
"To whatever end."

And that night, was the first night that the Queen of Terrasen slept soundly and peacefully ...

Work count: 829
💞💞💞