BlankGamePlays - Blank.exe

Start from the beginning

It was less than an hour later when she saw that it was activated again.

Raising an eyebrow at this, (Name) opted to just place a piece of tape over it. That way, virus or not, she could rest easy knowing that no one was looking at her. However, covering up the camera seemed to cause the computer to slow down more than it already did.

(Name) sighed, for the billionth time that night she questioned whether or not the laptop was worth it. The twenty dollars she spent on it could have gone to gas/bus money, so she could use a computer at the library. Hell, she probably could've asked Mark to borrow one of his old ones till she got a new one. She groaned in annoyance, both at herself and at the computer.

She stared at it, the blue tint emitting from the screen covering her dark room as her search browser loaded up slowly. She could feel her eyes get heavy, glancing at the time it was nearing 2am, dread flooded her at the thought of waking up the following morning for early morning classes.

Right as she felt her eyes about to close though, a bright flash of blue light erupted from the screen. Startled, (Name)'s eyes quickly looked across the screen, trying to figure out the cause of the problem. A familiar pop-up sat alone on screen.

Blank.exe has stopped working.
Shut down or Restart Program?

(Name) squinted at the words as she moved the mouse to the shutdown option, but found she couldn't select it. She tried clicking it again. Pressing the buttons extra hard to ensure she was indeed clicking it. Annoyed and tired, (Name), against her better judgement, clicked the restart option expecting the blue screen like before. At that point she would rather let the battery die than fight with the machine for any longer.

The screen turned a dark navy blue, almost black before lighting up with a bright white. (Name) closed her eyes again, opening them a second later where she found herself staring back into white, almost ghostly eyes.

Through the screen sat a man, though she couldn't tell if it was human or not, with fried blue hair. He held no facial expression, which only added more to the creep factor, before seemingly lunging forward towards her. Reacting fast, (Name) slammed the lid to the laptop and tossed it to the foot of her bed.

She could feel her body shaking as she fumbled for her phone, turning on the flashlight as shining it around the room. After a few minutes, (Name) was able to calm herself down. Her breathing regulating back to normal. She glanced at the laptop a few times, even with no changes to it she still felt uneasy with it being near her. Eventually, with her clock informing her how it was nearing four o'clock and her eyes stinging with tiredness, (Name) gathered her items before moving out to sleep on her couch.

Hopefully, whatever it was wouldn't get her from out there.

Hopefully,

+

(Name) woke up the following morning cold. Her back hurt from sleeping on the couch but she couldn't get herself to arise from the warmth of her blankets. Slowly she pried open her eyes, squinting at the early morning sun that peaked through her windows. She shivered. Which was odd since she lived in California, she must've left the air-conditioner on overnight.

Finally coasting herself off the couch, she stood and looked around the apartment. Her feet frozen in the air around her. Slowly she hobbled to her bed room, sleepiness still resting in her brain. (Name) stood in front of her door, an unnerving feeling washing over her as she continued to shiver more and more. From under the door she noticed a cold, white, cloud like, vapor escaping from under it.

She opened the door, slowly, clouds of fog passing her as she squinted to see through them. When it finally cleared, (Name) took a step into the room. She pulled her blanket tighter around her and looked around, her eyes immediately landing in the open laptop that sat on her bed.