t w e l v e

chapter 12
joeys pov

     it's not even that emma just humiliated me, because generally i don't care what others think of me. i just felt so sad. i was really falling for her. i understand why she thought it was me, because really there was no other logic reasonings.

     "yo, what the fuck was that all about?" johnny said. i had just walked away from emma and he followed. if you're wondering why i walked away, it was because i wasn't about to start crying infront of a bunch of kids in our grade.

     "it's a long story." i replied.

     "she was being a little dramatic." he laughed.

      "no she wasn't," i said annoyed,

       "whatever. good luck with whatever that is," johnny walked away. all my friends can be such jerks sometimes, they act all tough. am i the only 15 year old boy with real feelings?

        but anyways, i need to figure out who did this. since emma wasn't going to talk to me, i needed to try to get one of her friends to talk.

i click on sophia's contact.

me: hey sophia it's joey.

sophia: um hey ?

me: can you help me?

sophia: no. just go w ur hoe gf lol.

me: okay first of all i don't know if you know this but the story was fake and made up. but can you please tell me who told you that because whoever is spreading it told emma that i made it up.

sophia: im not telling u. ur an actual dick. and ur just defending ur gf lol.

me: i'm honestly not. she ended things anyways. but's its actually not true. lucas even said, and he would have told me.

sophia: srsly? it isnt real? r u sure

me: positive.

sophia: omg i just yelled at her omg i feel so bad thank u for telling me.

me: so can you tell me who told you?

sophia: it was danielle. she said u told her lol

me: thanks

*end of convo*

       i'm kinda shocked sophia believed me so quickly. she's pretty dumb, not going to lie. but atleast this way she won't be hurt and her and her friends won't hate emma. besides that, why did danielle tell sophia that i told her that? is she the one who told emma? how would she know anyway?

     i tried texting emma.

    me: em, i know you hate me but just please respond
    me: it actually wasn't me i swear. i even have proof.
    me: i wouldn't have done that to you.
    me: please just text me back

    emma: whats ur proof

    me: danielle told sophia that i told her it the story

    emma: danielle's the one who told me too

    me: see!! emma, she's probably doing this to break us up.

    emma: well then it worked, she can have u

    me: please don't say that. i don't want her. i want you