e l e v e n

chapter 11

emma's pov

       i woke up happier than usual. last night was so amazing with joey. it's not just butterflies with him, it's the whole damn zoo. i didn't know what we were, but i knew it was something.

      *beep*
message from joey

joey: goodmorn em

me: goodmorning!!! <3

joey: is that heart for me?;)

me: maybe.. ❤️

joey: well then these are for you.
joey: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

me: see ya joeyy

joey: see ya

*end of convo*

     his texts were always so genuine.

     i got in the car with my sister brooklyn.

     "hey em, where were you last night?" she asked. shit.

     "what do you mean? home?" i tried lying.

     "i mean, when i walked in your room last night looking for my headphones, and you weren't there." she laughed.

      "does mom know?" i sighed.

      "no, but she will if you don't tell me where and what you were doing." ugh i hate sisters.

      "fine. i was hanging out with joey." i crossed my arms

      "and what were you guys doingg.." she smirked.

      "oh my gosh, we just kissed. can you stop." i rolled my eyes and she just started laughing. i was so done with this conversation. none of this was her business.

     i got to school and headed straight for my locker and meeted up with my friends.

     "emmy!!" they squealed.

     "goodmorning guys!!" i was in such a good mood today.

     "how's your boyf!" jaycee said.

      "he's good haha." i smiled thinking of joey. he wasn't my real boyfriend yet.

     "aww." they laughed.

     "i'll see you guys later." i said, wanting to head to homeroom.

     as i was walking, i heard my name getting called.

     "emma! emma!" it was danielle.

     "what do you want?" i snapped.

     "is it true?" she said acting surprised.

     "is what true?" i replied getting nervous.

      "you know, what you told joey." dani said, like it was obvious or something.

     "what did i tell him..." i was starting to get heated. what was she trying to get at?

      "well i don't want to yell it! how you and lucas kissed when he was dating sophia." she whispered. my heart actually sank. i froze for a second but then quickly walked away knowing what i had to do.

     i had to go find joey. i was pissed. he thought he could just play me like that? he promised he wouldn't ever tell anyone. we kissed, twice.how could he have done this to me...?

     i head over to his locker and see him there with johnny.

     "joey, i need to say something." i said angered.

     "whats wrong?" his mood completely changed from happy to sad and confused.

     "you, is what's wrong. i told you my biggest secret joey. something i've never told anyone. and it's all because i fell in your stupid trap, just like every other girl here. you kiss me and say you feel something and then you go do this. joey you promised. you know how sad i was about this. you're the worst person ever, the biggest player here, and i can't believe i fell for this for one second. i hate myself so much for thinking you ever changed. so thanks. i'm done with all of this, and most importantly, YOU. don't ever talk to me again. i hate you so much." i said with tears rolling down my face. i can't believe this happened. joey looked so upset and johnny just looked confused. people starting walking toward us watching in awe.

     "emma, what are you talking about? i never told anyone i swear! i did change, i did feel something when we kissed, i swear. you meant so much to me, you still do!" joey said trying to explain himself. but did he really think i was going to buy it?

      "funny, because you're the only person i ever told. then how did people find out? did the ghost tell them?" i yelled.

      "i promise i didn't tell anyone emma! i'm serious. i don't know how they found out but it wasn't me who told them." joey said, calmingly. he walked over to me and grabbed my hand. his eyes were all teary. what a good actor! well i mean he must've had lot's of practice..

    "you know what? just stop! you're the same immature middle schooler you were two years ago! i knew i couldn't trust you. i can't believe you got me to do this whole stupid plan, and then on top of that think we actually had something going on. save the promises for your next victim. oh! and by the way, i'm telling the principal i can't tutor you anymore." i said, pulling my hand away from his.

     joey turns around walking away while pushing through everyone watching. johnny quickly followed him out. what? mad that you were busted? i'm so heartbroken right now.

*beep*
message from groupchat

sophia: how could you have done this emma...
jaycee: you could have atleast told her.
mia: ^^
ava: srsly.

i decided not to respond until i figured this all out. they all hated me anyways.
what in the world am i going to do to fix this? i just want to go home and cry.

i hate myself. not only for making out with lucas,
but for falling for joey. something that should have never happened.

end of chapter
do you think it was joey who really did it?
or do you think there's someone else behind this...

•••
don't forget to vote, comment, and add this story to your reading list so you know when i update. thanks for reading!
- m