e i g h t

chapter 8: confused

emma's pov

it's currently monday. so, this weekend charles and i have texted alot. he seemed super into me. as far as joey, i haven't talked to him since friday night at the party. and if you're wondering about how i was going crazy over him calling me pretty, i'm over it. he was just complimenting me. i was just being a typical teenage girl.

math was so boring, and i honestly wasn't paying attention at all. i wish i was with charles. i always felt so many butterflies when i was just standing right next to him. suddenly i just drifted off thinking about him.

    "emma, what's the answer?" my stupid, annoying teacher asked me off guard.

     "umm.. 21?" i said, as my face redenned.

      "this is geometry! i was asking you if this was a right or obtuse triangle. pay attention next time." she snapped.

      "ok.. sorry." i said embarrassed.

      *beep*

message from joey

joey: thinking about charles eh?

i text him back.

me: leave me alone.

joey: hahahahahahahaha

        the bell finally rung and i had free period next.

        i walked out of the room and joey caught up with me.

        "hey." he said softly. why is that weird feeling coming back?

        "hey." i replied.

       "how is my girfriend?" joey laughed. but why did my heart flip?

       "your girlfriend is good because she's not going to be your girlfriend for much longer. i think charles is gonna make a move." i said, brushing off the feeling and focusing on charles.

"that's good." he replied.

i got to my locker and joey stood next to me leaning on the one besides it.

"emma...." joey said.

"yea?" i looked up at him.

"um nothing. just don't turn around please." he said quietly.

"what? why?" i said confused.

"just don't seriously." he seemed like it was bad.

"you can't tell me not to turn around, then expect me to not to tu-" i turned looking behind me, but then getting cut off by what i saw

charles kissing luna blaise, the school's hoe, aka one of danielle's bestfriends. just when i thought things were going good... when things were going right into place.

"are you okay?" joey asked genuinely.

"i'm more than okay." i smiled evily.

"are you sure?" he questioned.

"can you do me a favor joey?" i plotted.

"ya, course. what is it?" he said simply.

"kiss me." i blurted out seriously.

i didn't have to explain myself or ask him again. he placed one hand on my cheek and the other on my hip and pulled me closer. i wrapped my hands around his neck as he leaned in. and then he kissed me. it was magic, the way his lips connected with mine. his mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than i could have imagined. it was right, and somehow, among all of the dizziness and the trouble from the past that was clinging to him like a life line, something inside me changed, never to be reversed.

      "why'd you stop?" i heard luna whine to charles in the background.

      "because i wanted to." he snapped and walked away.

       meanwhile joey and i were in our own universe, well atleast i was. i wonder if he felt the same way.

       joey slowly pulled away.

       "well that worked," he laughed cutely, looking to the side noticing charles and luna had left. he definitely knew how to make an awkward situation not awkward anymore.

       "yea, it did," i said trying not to make eye contact because i was very afraid of that. i hugged him quickly.  "thank you so much, i'll see you after school." i said closing my locker and starting to walk away. i just had to get out of there as fast as i could.

      until suddenly he grabbed my hand and stopped me for walking.

      "wait, emma," he said in a soft serious tone.

      "yea?" i said looking up in his eyes. it was kinda hard not to.

       "you forgot to grab your social studies book." joey said laughing.

      "oh, right. thanks." i was so embarrassed and grabbed my book from my locker.

      "see ya," he said heading to class.

      i walked to class wondering what THE HELL just happened.

      *beep*
message from charles

charles: hey

end of chapter
yay another update.
i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter because it was freaking intense. i might do a pov of joey so y'all can see how what he's feeling. but idk yet! this book might end soon so i can start a new story i've been thinking about doing. but don't worry the next chapters are gonna be super interesting.
•••

don't forget to vote, comment, and add this story to your reading list so you know when i update. thanks for reading!
- m