I Miss You, Asshole. - Other Plans.

Start from the beginning

"No problem." I slide into the seat across from her.

Jacob comes back out with a plain black shirt, grey sweats, and a black beanie. He comes over to the table and sits in the empty chair next to me.

"I'm Jacob, you?" He flirts.

I scoot away discreetly as I smile politely at him. "Hazel."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." Caleb smirks.

Miranda and I burst out in laughter in unison. I'm mean, I know. But, who uses that pick up line? Yeah, he was trying so I should probably stop. But Miranda beats me to it.

"That was the lamest pick up line I've ever heard," She exclaims with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Sorry Hun, I have a boyfriend," I said.

Jacob shoots his sister a death glare. "Next time, bring a hot girl who's single for once." He storms out again, looking pretty pissed.

"Jeez." I muttered.

"Oh, don't mind him." Miranda composes herself, walks over to the fridge, and returns with a bowl of assorted fruits. "He's bipolar."

"Oh..."

Just put your brother on blast like that Miranda... I learned to accept Miranda and her quirks. She moved on to another guy in a matter of a day, was very blunt with things, and didn't care what people thought of her.

At that moment, I realized Miranda was a true friend and a keeper. 

God, why did I take her for granted?

"What are you smiling at?"

"You." I laugh and fish out a strawberry.

"Whoa." Miranda gave me a weird look. "I don't roll that way."

"Neither do I!" 

"Well..." Miranda shrugs. Suddenly, she's moving on to a different subject. "Why the hell am I just now knowing you have a boyfriend!?"

She threw a green grape at my head which bounced off my head and rolled away. I gasp. "Excuse me?"

"Who is he?" Her green eyes glowed with interest. "Do I know him?"

"Logan. It's been two months, Mir."

"I'm so oblivious!" She threw her hands in the air with an eye roll.

I laugh at her. After finishing up the fruit bowl, Miranda makes me sit in her living room while she worked on her surprise in the kitchen.

So I sit on the couch and watch reruns of a show called 'Awkward.' I didn't watch TV often, so watching this MTV show was pretty cool to watch. I really got into the main character and even developed a celebrity crush on Matty.

Jacob comes downstairs when I'm really into the second episode.

"Hazel, right?"

I nod without taking my eyes off the screen.

"Do you happen to be Hazel Grey and you're dating Logan Holster?" He asked calmly.

"Uh huh." I turn away from the TV at the mention of Logan. "What of it?" I borrowed Jocelyn's saying.

He shrugs and slumps across from me. A frown settles on his face and he stares me down. I feel uncomfortable under his gaze.

"What?"

"Well," He launches into a long story. "Once in a blue moon ago, me and Logan were friends. Were. Yes. He started getting cocky and getting the girls. Last time I checked, he was a complete douche bag and didn't deserve the things he got. With the help of his stupid girlfriend, he was upgraded to 'hot bad boy'. God, I hated his girlfriend. She ruined my life."

I stare at him blankly.

"Huh, wha-?"

He cuts me off. "Listen, before you, there was a girl who changed Logan's life. He's been going through girls as soon as we hit high school." He said slowly.

My heart clenched at the thought. Jacob couldn't be talking about my Logan.

"I'm trying to figure out why he's kept you around." Caleb said earnestly.

That was it. Addy, Carly, and now this boy was telling me all these things that Logan's not. Angry tears began falling down my face and I clenched my fist.

Jacob stared at me as if he didn't do a thing.

"You fucking idiot! I love Logan! Maybe he's changed for the better because we're still together. I love him, I love him, I love him! There's nothing anybody can do about it! No one can put our relationship down, because I don't fucking care what other people think."

With that, I ran into the kitchen.

Miranda was decorating a white cake with pink frosting. A peaceful smile adorned her face. She was oblivious to me standing in the doorway.

She looked up and frowned. "What's wrong?"

I rubbed at my eyes roughly to get the tears to stop. I sniff up the snot running from my nose. And I rush over to my friend.

We met in a friendly embrace.

I cried out the frustrated tears into her shirt as she rubs my back tenderly. Yes, it felt nice to let out the tears once again. This was the first person I've cried in front of without holding back.

When I'm done and feeling tired she asks me again.

"Jacob..." I start,

She shoves me aside lightly and stomps into the living room.

Jacob and Miranda argue back and forth before the front door slams loudly. It rattles the house, making me shake in slight fear.

Miranda comes back in, looking really tired. "Sorry about him."

"Anyways," She smiles. "I brought you here, because I made you a cake!

All the sadness leaves me as my eyes land on the cake. It's a small white cake with the words 'Happy Almost Birthday Hazel!' in pink frosting.

I smile big in appreciation. "This is the best present ever."

"Good." Miranda grins with a big knife in her hand. "Because it took $20 worth of cooking class to finish it."

We eat a quarter of the cake before we're both full. I smile big this time and feel happy after all the crying. Also sleepy, which Miranda notes.

"It's getting late, I should drive you home."

I didn't want to leave for a second, but I wanted to wake up in my own bed so I nod. I fall asleep in the car and end up on the couch when I wake up.

I groaned. It was really dark out and someone put me on the couch in an uncomfortable position.

I was on my living room couch. The TV was on a cartoon. I clicked the remote and watched: 1:35 AM pops up on the screen. I gasp.

Happy birthday, Hazel Grey!

Who carried me in? I must be very special if I woke up on my couch!

I shrug out of my coat and go upstairs to take a long shower.

Happy birthday to me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, my cousin's really sick & I won't be able to update for a couple of days. That means I'm gonna give you one more chapter later in the night. Enjoy while you can bananas! :)