[21] - Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: I wasn't supposed to update today since I have loads of finals to study for but I'm so eager to post this chapter because a lot of stuff occurs so here you go! Hope you enjoy and by the way, this ISN'T THE END OF FINDING BEAUTY they are about 9-12 chapters left. Okay, enjoy your reading :]

_________________________________________________________________________________

I backed away from the door horrified, heartbroken, and confused on what I just saw. I wanted to look through the window again to see if I really saw my boyfriend kissing my chemistry teacher, but I couldn’t bring myself too. Instead, I turned around from the classroom door and ran. I didn’t exactly know where I was going, but I just ran. As I ran, tears suddenly fell from my eyes and I wasn’t in any mood to stop them. I finally concentrated on where I was running and I was near the entrance of the school.

I paused to stop and wiped the tears from my eyes. Not knowing what else to do, I sat down on the floor and leaned my back against the wall. Closing my eyes, I felt tears in my eyes once again. What was going on? Was Kale just pretending? Did I really see what I just saw? I wanted to deny it, but suddenly it made sense which I hated to admit. I mean, the way he was acting the other day when his friends said he was the “teacher’s pet” and—

Oh my gosh, does his friends know? Who knows? I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration and fought the urge to scream, I couldn’t answer anything. I was the victim. Wiping my tears, which were useless because I know they were going to keep shedding, I stood up and pushed open the doors.

Closing the doors, I realized that Kale took me to the dance and also that I left my heels along with my belongings in the gym. Sighing, I decided not to go back because I wasn’t in any mood to and finally decided to walk home barefooted.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

By the time I arrived at my house, my feet ached and I think I had a couple of scabs. My face was also drenched in tears and obviously I gave up wiping my face minutes ago. Since I didn’t have my keys on me, I climbed up the side of house and snuck through my window collapsing on my bedroom floor. Groaning, I pushed myself up and finally stopped crying.

It was replaced with a sickening feeling in my stomach that made me want to cry all over again. Sighing, I stripped off my dress and accessories leaving them in a pile near the window. Grabbing a tank top, pajamas pants, and underwear, I walked towards the bathroom.

Opening the door, I locked the door behind me and turned on the water, making bath water. And once the water was filled up, I stepped in and sat inside the refreshing and warm water which actually comforted me. Unfortunately, it wasn’t comfortable enough because I started to shed tears.

In fact, I was crying so much that it eventually turned into sobs. I couldn’t stop sobbing so I bathe briskly as I listened to the uncomfortable feelings of the tears streaming down my face and the angry screams that went along with it.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and I was able to stop sobbing. Taking a deep breath, I asked, “Who’s there?” Usually, no one would knock on my bathroom because my parents always worked so this was new.

“It’s me,” A voice replied to me, a voice that brought a smile to my face, “Surprise!”

“Oh my gosh, Stefanie!” I chimed shockingly and happily as I stepped out of the bathtub and wrapped a blue colored towel around my body. As soon as I opened the door, Stefanie tossed me into a hug and once she released me, she frowned when she saw my face.

“McKenzie, what happened?” Stefanie asked me with a worried expression on her face. “At first, I was going to go to the dance and try to find you but you weren’t there. I ran into this guy who I believe was Dean who was just as confused I am. Anyway, he gave me your high heels and your purse. I thought and you Kale were—