[04]- Chapter Four

• Dedicated to All of my readers!

So basically the remaining days of school were like living in a hellhole. Fortunately though, it turned out that the yearbook girl was actually Kale’s ex and she was still incredibly in love with him. I snickered at that thought, I’m pretty sure cruel isn’t his type. However, I never found out who Kale really liked and never really saw Dean much either so nothing really happened.

During winter break, my parents came back home and celebrated Christmas and New Years with me but unfortunately as soon as I headed back to school from the long break, my parents were off on another trip and to make things worse, Stefanie was busy all break so she couldn’t travel over her and visit me.

Now, here I was walking into my second week back to school. Hopefully, I’ll found out who Kale likes because I’m pretty sure it’s not the yearbook girl. As soon as I walked down the crowded halls of my school, I felt my face flushed in embarrassment as pictures of me were all over the walls.

It was when I tripped flat over my face and in one caption; it labeled me as “worst dressed”. I bit my lip to stop the tears and ducked as I immediately searched for my locker. People were beginning to notice the pictures and they all found it funny. Pain went through my entire body once the people around me were saying how ugly, how stupid, and how weird I was.

I didn’t really know if I could take this much longer. Opening my locker, someone suddenly slammed it shut and I looked up to see an unfamiliar guy with auburn hair, geeky glasses, and red freckles. The boy grinned at me and at first I thought he was going to comfort me but instead he punched me in the face.

I immediately fell backward and slammed my head against the locker as the tears finally fell. “Look everybody, it’s mute!” The freckled boy called out and soon enough a crowd of people crowded around me and starting to kick me and call me bad names as I sobbed.

I was in too much pain to get up, to say anything or doing anything, I was too weak anyway. My life will forever be nothing but chaos, I just knew it. Suddenly, I heard someone getting slammed against the locker and I looked up to see Dean. I gasped, what was he doing?

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” Dean snapped at the freckled boy. “You bitch.” Turning towards the crowd, he frowned as his anger increased. “You guys are all sick; get the hell out of here.” And with that, everyone left and before I could even react, I collapsed.

“Stefanie, we should totally go to the movies again!” I chirped as we both walked happily to lunch. “I love Olaf!”

“Me too and we most definitely should, I heard it’s out on 3D now and what perfect way to celebrate our movie!” Stefanie replied back with a giggle. We linked arms and after getting our lunch, we talked a lot. Just about random things and even though it was the most exciting thing in the world, it was to me because my best friend was here.

With her, no one bothered me. I felt like secure for once, I knew I was ugly and worthless, but I hide it when she was there. She always knew what to do or say and I love her for that. But why did she leave me here? Alone? Why do bad things always have to happen to me? Oh I know because I’m worthless.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked up to see the school nurse who was hovering over me. “Good morning.” She teased with comforting smile as I tried to sit up but everything ached so badly that I couldn’t move and there was also an ice pack on my head.

“H-how long was I out?” I asked the nurse. Did I miss my new classes, what time was it?

“For long time, it’s around lunch time but the principal already notified your teachers. As of the people who started this chaos, they are suspended.” The nurse explained to me as she ran her fingers through her black hair with some gray locks and sighed as she shook her head. “I knew Dean was a—