Part 38

Jimin heard the sound of a something dropping, "Is Kookie out there?" He thought.

Jimin snapped out of his thoughts when Taehyung spoke again,
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that when you like Jungkook." Taehyung apologized.

"Taetae I-"

Taehyung dashed out.

—-

After Taehyung was a good distance away, he slowed down his pace and started walking.

After a while he saw Jungkook sitting on a bench. Then sat beside him.

"What are you doing here Kook? Aren't you gonna go see Jimin?"

Jungkook didn't take his eyes off the floor.
"Yeah, I'll go soon. I was just thinking that Jimin is pushing himself to act positive. I'm just worried. Do you think he's lying to us?"

Taehyung pressed his lips together, forming a straight line.

"He is... And you have a right to know."

Jungkook finally looked at Taehyung.
Taehyung closed his eyes, letting out a sharp exhale.

"Last week when we first brought him here, he told us that he'd be fine but I saw his mother's expression. She was on the brink of tears. I knew something was off so I asked her and she told me that the doctor said there's a 50% that the surgery will succeed. Jimin is betting on that 50%."

"I see... well, if it's Jimin then he'll be fine!" Jungkook grinned, "He's had tons of bad luck in the past so that karma will help him now!"

Taehyung felt reassured at Jungkook's words and was glad he was an optimist.

A few moments of silence were shared between the two. Jungkook pressed his tongue around his mouth and spoke,
"He should spend his last few moments with the person he loves."

Taehyung knew what he was implying, "Yeah..." he agreed feeling cut off from the two.

"So stay by his side Tae, I'll go home."
Jungkook gave a pained smile.

Taehyung whipped his head towards Taehyung,
"What? What are you talking about? You should be the one staying next to him. Jimin likes you after all."

Jungkook's mouth was agape,
"That's impossible, he- Chimmy told me he likes you."