|eighteen|

Two more chapters until the end .... I'm excited. Show your love for the book! LIVV <3

I️ woke up feeling like I️ was a pin cushion in a tailors  workshop. My eyes wouldn't open, they felt too heavy to do so, but I️ let out a groan, a deep ugly groan that you think you'd only hear if you just found out your lover had died unexpectedly. But no, it came from me, a 17 year old girl. "Doctor! Doctors help! She's awake." I️ heard a fainted, familiar voice. "I️-I️ know you.. I️- uh" I️ fumbled over my words why could I️ say a stupid name what was my brain not putting together properly? "Shhh," another voice said, completely unfamiliar to me. Was it a doctor? No, it was a mans voice, he sounded soft he sounded like waves crashing on a beach. He was too caring to be a doctor I️ decided. "Who-" The mystery man cut me off. "Nuuh no question, I'm Zach, Conner's best friend. You remember Conner?" I️ nod faintly. Conner. That was the voice I️ was trying to identify early. I️ can imagine, or at least hope he smiled to that and that's its good. "Good girl, Conner stepped out side to talk with the doctors, can you open your eyes." I️ moan, again, more drastically than before. My body refuses to do anything. Zach sighed. "No?" I️ don't respond. "Okay then, can you move anything?" I️ wait a second, starting from the top and working my way down, head- nope, arms- nope, knees- nope, toes- yes! I️ wiggle my toes, giggling inside my head. I️ want to imagine I️ looked somewhat cute while doing that. I️ would also like to imagine that Zach smiled to that as well. Wait, was I️ on some kind of laughing gas? I️ feel weird, new, different? I️ couldn't put my finger on it. I️ felt better than last night for sure, I️ wondered about Madame Paris as well? What exactly happened?

"Hey, you do have some dimples, just like Conner said." Wait huh... Conner talked about me? WAIT I️ HAVE DIMPLES? Wait my mouth moved? "Co-Dim-Huh..?" I️ struggled with my brain fitting together a proper sentence it seemed to get all jumbled up, what was happening to me? Or what did happen to me?
"Shh, I️ told you no talking, I'm going to get Conner and the doctor, think you can stay here a little bit and be good?" I️ wiggles my toes as a yes. Zach laughed "Yes?" I️ wiggled then again. "Okay then, I'll be back shortly."

Zach's version of shortly and my version of shortly were on two different levels. 'Shortly' normally meant like 2-3 minutes but I️ was positive Zach still wasn't back and it has been at least 15 minutes, trust me I️ counted. Besides wiggling my toes and talking to myself in my head I've got nothing else to do, are you really that surprised?

Wiggling my toes finally got boring and I️ heard a creek as the door opened and a set of wheels and multiple feet, finally someone was back. "Hey Addie, I'm here." that was Conner. "C-" someone cut me off. "Hey I️ said no talking!" That was Zach. I️ said nothing. "Good afternoon Addison, I'm your doctor, Henry, let's sit you up okay?" Doctor Henry didn't wait for my response but instead a machine started moving and I️ felt myself sitting upright, I️ wanted to see what was going on. I️ tried to open my eyes and barely got one eye open before I️ decided that it was too bright. "Don't force anything Addison, you lost a lot of blood, your body is trying to heal after all you've been through." I️ didn't reply. "Doctor, could you repeat to Addie what you told me?" I️ think that was Conner, I️ needed to know everything that had happened. "Addison, you passed out from a lack of blood in your body, you've suffered minor brain damage in a concerning spot. Your body is too weak to function on its own to repair your wounds and you've suffered from a case of hallucinations and other minor things that made your body shut down and your repair system unable to properly work." Zach stopped him. "Doctor when will Addie be able to talk and open her eyes and have more control of her body?" I️ heard a deep sigh, not good. "We were hoping within minutes of her waking up she'd gain certain function back but it appears that therapy and medicine will have to come in to play." I️ decided then and there to face my fears and open my eyes, I️ wouldn't settle because I️ was still unaware of what had happened and I️ needed answers. Forcing my body to calm down, I️ opened my eyes, but all I️ saw was things blurred together and outlines of things and people.

"Well Conner, you were right she is certainly fighting hard." I moved my head  to try and identify which voices were coming from where and I figured that Conner and Zach were on my left side of the bed and the doctor was on the right- but thats all i could make out. "Addison! Where's my daughter!" The door busted open and I recognized my dad's strong voice. He was home, finally.
"Sir, Im going to have to ask you to lower your voice Addison has just woken up and we're still running test." I blinked my eyes trying to see clearly and after a minute or so I could finally see more defined outlines and figures that I could make out. "Dad." I croaked out to get his attention. "stop, wait outside.." I knew he would be furious but I had mixed feelings I didn't want him here right now, not yet. I'm still not sure what had happened and what had happened to Madam Paris and I wanted to talk to Conner and Zach first. "I will not leave this room and who are these random two boys? Why are you not in better care. This hospital will not help you get better! We are leaving NOW!" I stopped him, now sitting up filled with rage, of course he didn't understand, he never has. "These two boys? They SAVED my LIFE! And your fancy hospital wouldn't be able to save me, the only thing that can save me is me and how hard I choose to fight to get better! And just incase you haven't seen the big picture yet I... I wouldn't be sitting here- in this bed if it wasn't for YOU... and your fiancée..- s-so GET OUT." I felt two guys on either side of me assuming it was Conner and Zach that we're supporting me and my dad awestruck in the door way, staring at me eyes open. Mouth ajar he was speechless. "I'm so sorry Addison.... I will make this right. I promise you." And then he left. The doctor behind me also stood speechless, "Addison, I think you better lay back down we don't want you to hurt yourself and I'll go get the results from these test, but don't worry you'll be okay." The doctor left and I did as I was told and lied back down, my vision had returned nearly 100% and I felt something surging through me a passion to get better almost immediately, I needed to know.