|sixteen|

⭐️addison's p.o.v⭐️

My room no longer smelled of warm vanilla and art supplies, the stuffy air closed in on me and made it hard to breath.

I️ sat in the far corner, where the wood was shaky and unstable, was this me giving up? Addison Rea Porter finally giving up? Wishing the floor would collapse under me and swallow me whole?

Chalk filled the air making the dust colored and the sun hit it at just the right angel to make it shine and glitter, making all seem alright. But everything was far from alright, it was the exact opposite. I️ had trusted Conner with, well basically my life, it wasn't his fault that I️ had come home early, it wasn't his fault Madame Paris was mad. It wasn't his fault she wasn't getting my inheritance.
Cmon Addie, you're stronger than this.
My head said it and my heart believed it, but the more my eyes looked around the less it became a reality and the more it became a fantasy.

The cuts, the blood, the bruises, the mess.

My head leaned back against a piece of uncovered wood, a piece of my broken easel to be more specific.

"You thought you could just sneak up to your room and do what? huh? Ruin this family with your disgraceful presence? You're not as slick as you think Addison." I️ recognized that voice anywhere. Paris. "I️ assure you, it's not what you think. I'm leaving. I'm leaving everything to you and Rosalie, don't you get it? You've won." I️ sneer at her, picking up a small duffel bag. She crackles, my brown cracked door slams behind her as she enters my room. "You think you can just pack up and run away? I️ assure you not Addison, you can't leave that easily my dear. It's been too much fun toying with you." I️ back up to a wall. "You're sick! Let me leave this awful house already! It's all you ever wanted in life when will you be satisfied?" I️ screamed in her face, releasing all the pain she caused, it took a boulder off of my shoulders. It set me free.

It may sound silly to you, but the pain she caused me had built up so much it had to come out, and I️ finally released it on the day I️ reached for help, the day I️ planned to give up. The day I️ was set free. I️ don't remember every detail that happened, I️ think I️ was passed out for most of it anyway. But I️ remember the words and torture, I️ remember knowing I️ could never be free as long as this monster was alive.

She threw my paintings across the room, she threw pieces of furniture directly at me. Her words cut deeper than the splinter did wood that pierced my skin. My room could be called hazardous now, my bed was stripped, pieces of the headboard broken and the mattress stained of what I️ thought was red paint, but it could've been my blood. My sheets were ripped on the ground. Art supplies scattered everywhere most of it broken or ruined. She had taken most of my money but what she did leave behind she ripped in my face.

The only hope I️ had left was my window, the sunlight streamed in peacefully awakening and making new everything it touched. If only it could make me new.. I️ crawled towards it carefully. Nothing else on my mind but becoming new. As I️ crawled on all fours to the window I️ cut my hands on a piece of glass, hissing I️ retreated to look at my wounds. It was only my left hand that bled, the sticky red blood trickled down my hand fast. I️ put my other hand on top of it and applied pressure. I️ couldn't become free, not physically not mentally. There was always an obstacle obscuring my path.

I️ looked at the glass that had cut me, my blood stained on its surface for good, I️ tenderly pocked it up, careful not to cut myself again and grabbed a piece of my sheets that was torn and within reaching distance. I️ tore it in half again, one half wrapped around my hand to stop the bleeding and the other half was wrapped around the glass. I️ shakily got up, my stomach growling, my head spinning.
I️ sat down.
I️ was in reach of the window, only a step or two from newness. I️ sighed, still holding the glass in my right hand.
"We're looking for Miss Porter."
"You know about Miss Porter?"
"We're here to see Miss Addison Rea Porter, please ma'am."
Someone was here to see me? Who knew me? Why me?
Who knew my full name...?
Curiosity overcame the reality I️ was living in as I️ looked out the window. All I️ saw was a tall, dirty blonde headed boy and a brown, tan, equally as tall boy standing next to him. "C-conner?" I️ murmur, I️ wanted a roar to escape my throat and get his attention, I️ wanted help. But all I️ got was a silent, desperate whisper. One not even a person two feet in front of me could hear.

"So you do have friends, and it looks like they've become curious,"

The voice tears away my curiosity and my almost perfect world, I️ turned around, hiding the glass behind my back. "I️-I️... no..."
"Save it, Addison. It's such a shame that after today there will be no more Addison Rea Porter, and those two boy.. hm, something will have to be done to keep them quiet to I️ suppose." She stood at the entrance of the door, looking around my room. "My god Addison, clean up your room. There's company downstairs oh and dear, if you wish to continue your life as is all I have is one request. Sign the paper my love and all will be over. I️ swear, your misery will end." She grinned, laying a pen and paper on my bed. "Now if you wish to see your friends one last time, oh and our fine guest I️ insist you clean up, oh and pick out the outfit I️ grabbed for you." She turned, once again locking the door. I️ heard her heels click down the stairs, one by one by one until she was too far gone for the echo to reach me.

When they said the expression "curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back." They lied. Curiosity is nothing but a evil attempt at happiness, and satisfaction? It gets you no where. It brings you up on a fake cloud of confidence and then drops you 10 stories with no concern of if you live or die.

The paper was a release form, giving all my inheritance to Paris and Rosalie, letting them pick and choose what of mine they want. I️ tore the paper with the glass as quickly asI could, slinging the pen across the room. They would get my inheritance over my dead  body. Shock took over my body as I️ realized that Madame Paris was done, there were no more games. She was out to kill. If my life ended nothing would go to her and I️ would make sure of it.

I️, Addison Rea Porter, wish that my full inheritance from my father, Jude Michael Porter, goes to Conner -
shoot, I️ didn't know he's last name... well... this is the best I️ can do.
I'm so terribly sorry I️ do not know his full name and realize what this does to you all, I️ believe it's along the lines of Lovvely? He's a football player at my school, Oakland Ridgeland High. He's tall and has dirty blonde hair. I️ also wish that my personal belongings are given to him as well and he may keep what he desires and give to my brother, Maceyn Lake Porter, and my sister, Charline Grace Porter, what he wishes.
I️, Addison Rea Porter, approve this to happen as it is written if anything is to ever happen to me.

I️ signed my name at the bottom of the page and dated the piece of paper. I️ knew that I️ couldn't leave this in the house, if Madame Paris was to find it first she'd make sure it'd disappear. I️ tiptoed to the window, the two boys still stood on the porch talking to whoever answered the door. I️ could barely head anything. I️ rolled the piece of paper up and put it in a jar I️ had lying around my room, sealed it tight and held it out. Letting go it dropped on the car port, attracting everyone's attention.
I️ didn't want attention. I️ never did.
I️ skidded back away from the window. I️ had a plan, but I️ needed to remain hidden for it to work. "Addie! Are you up there!?" I️ faintly heard from the window. No, the answer was no.