One thing I did not miss about this place was the intense heat. It was August here, and the heat was a killer. The water had warmed up for sure, and there must be tourists and visitors from America coming back to Neum.

Besides this place, I had a cabin in the Canadian wilderness. It is somewhat a two-story building. There was a ground floor, and then a loft that I slept in. I liked it a lot, but I liked it best in the winter when there were no bugs.

My last home was an apartment in Kiev, Ukraine. I liked that one because it was where people spoke a language I was very familiar and very comfortable with.

But I guess the reason I picked to come here, was because it was tourist season, and Neum was a small town, if not a small city.

I entered the home I had left for a few months, and took a deep breath of the familiar smell. It was one that I associated with myself because I enjoyed it so much I carried a small stick of the scent wherever I went. It was nice to know that my home had not stopped smelling of chocolate cappuccino.

I checked to make sure everything was in order inside the house, and no one had come in while I was gone. Once I was sure everything was fine, I began to meditate on the upper balcony that attached to my room. If I wanted to save everyone I cared about, I needed to find who this person was, and why they wanted to hurt me.

So once again I entered the horrid world past the jump, but now I was plagued by a new sight. It was an all-metal man, with a green cloak. I stared at him curiously. Was my vision showing me this? Who was this man, was he the one trying to kill me? He must be.

"What do you want from me?" My voice seemed smothered, so no sound could echo.

His metal head whipped to the side at the sound of my voice. "What do I want from you?" He repeated my question with a sneer. "You have something I want."

I frowned, and he reached his hand out towards me. My nose started to bleed, and I thought I could see a smile underneath that metal suit. An evil, very evil smile.

"Your blood." He floated towards me. "It has healing capabilities, and mixed the right way, can make me immortal."

I wiped the blood from my nose, but it seemed to keep on flowing. "Why do you want to be immortal?"

"If I am immortal, I am all powerful." He laughed. "I know what you are; a fallen angel. Let me make a deal with you. You give me some of your blood, and I make you human." The last word made my head spin. He knew exactly what I wanted. "You can have what you want, and I will have what I want."

"You can't make me human," I growled.

"I have done it before, my naive angel friend." He snickered. "I know you want to be human more than anything else. you want to live a normal life with your girlfriend, isn't that right?"

My eyebrows twitched.

"Natasha, is that her name?" He laughed a grave laugh, making my blood sound as if it is roaring in my ears. 

"Don't you dare touch her." I surprisingly kept my voice even.

"My dear friend, if you do not give me what you want, I will first take it from you. Then, I will pay a visit to dear girlfriend Natasha Romanova." 

It was near impossible to keep myself from launching myself at him.

"So you have a decision to make, Katya. Either give me some of your blood and I make you human in return, or I take your blood by force and kill your precious Natasha."

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, he was standing in front of my face. I stumbled backward, and he laughed once again.

"Choose wisely. If I do not hear from you in two days, I will pay a visit to your Avengers." He growled the last word, making me shudder. But in his threat, he failed to keep out parts of his surroundings. I recognized the place, as the Hydra base Natasha and I infiltrated what seemed like ages ago.

He suddenly rushed at me, making me yelp and come back to reality. I held my head in my hands and noticed that blood truly was flowing from my nose. I rushed to the sink and pinched the bridge of my nose, hoping that the blood would stop flowing soon.

Now I knew where this man was, and I knew who he was, which was Doctor Doom. But I knew I wouldn't be able to get rid of him on my own. I needed help, but I wasn't ready to call anyone I love to follow me into battle. That would mean leaving Natasha out of this.

With one hand on the edge of the sink, I gripped the metal so tightly that my hand began to shake and turn white. I needed to do something unimaginable. I needed to do the unthinkable. Only then would I have a chance at saving the Avengers and myself.

Doctor Doom's promise to make me human was so tempting, I almost looked past what it really was. It was just a way for Doom to get me to cooperate. If I wasn't careful, he was going to kill everyone I loved.