0.6

JOIN THE CIRCUS!

JOIN THE CIRCUS!

Veronica and Eddie walked home from Bens house that afternoon. The sun had lowered in the sky significantly as it neared evening. Eddie had began to whistle as they turned onto Neilbot street. 

"Oh my gosh Eddie what are you whistling. I keep thinking your trying to play the star spangled banner." The girl told him, swatting his hands.

"Hey!" He said hitting her back.

beep beep beep.

Eddies watch had began to beep signaling it was time to take one of his various pills. The boy quickly became flustered by Veronicas presence. The fact that they had stopped right in front of a creepy house that had once been painted black. The building was falling apart and the windows were boarded up making it worse.

"Eds do what ever you need to do," Veronica told him softly. He nodded. The loomed over them, casting its weary shadow. Small creaks came from the house, calling the boy. This made him even more flustered. His fingers numbly thumbed through this fanny-pack. He went to grab the blue container but instead he knocked it to the ground causing the pills to scatter. He groaned as they rolled down the street.

"Oh shit!" He whined as he bent down to pick them up. Knowing if he didn't collect them his mom would have his head. Veronica didn't like the house at all so she bent down to help him. She wanted to get away fast. The air on the street was suffocating. Two had almost finished picking up the pills when a third hand picked one up. Veronica froze, her throat drying almost instantly.

"What the hell?!"

"Do you think this will help me Eddie?" a man had said, but this man wasn't normal. Scars littered his face, snot and pus pooled from existing wounds. The bony fingers shook as it held the pill. The lepers head was bound in bandages, it's eyes budged from its skull.

Eddies eyes widened in horror, his chest rising rapidly. He was so freaked out, he began screaming as he grabbed Ronnie's hand and dragged her with him. The leper charged after them making Eddie scream for help.  The street was desolate so his cries were for nothing.

The two had run all the way to the fence. They were trapped. They franticly looked for a way out. Soon noticing there was no sound coming from the leper, they stopped. Turing around there was a pyramid of red balloons. The balloons carefully floated upwards, revealing a clown. It smiled sickly, it's white painted face, decorated with bright red lips. Orange tuffs of hair revealed a wide forehead.

"Were are you going Eds? You really should be home by now," the clown told him.  Eddie gripped Veronica's arm. "Aw Ronnie nice to see you again!" Veronica's heart beat loudly in her ears, realizing it was the same haunting voice from the closet.

"You you locked me in my closet," she spoke, her voice trembling. Eddie glanced at the girl, his eyes widening. Why didn't she tell him?

"Why yes, I did, claustrophobia, not favorite but it will do," the clown shrugged like it was no big deal. 

"You two should come join the circus. You'll float down here. We'll all float down here," the clown laughed. Eddie and Veronica let out screams, stumbling backwards. Eddie shoved Veronica behind him as she fell through a tiny hole in the fence.

"Eddie!" She cried. He turned back at her and proceeded through the hole. The duo looked back to where clown stood. It was nowhere to be seen, only the reminiscence of the balloons reminding them that it was real.

"You okay?" The boy immediately asked the girl helping her to her feet.

"Me? Eds you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Veronica cried pulling Eddie into a hug. Eddie inhaled her vanilla scent as she pulled away.

The two proceeded on their journey home.

"You never told me about the clown," Eddie began. Veronica sighed, already knowing where this conversation was going.

"Eddie listen, I didn't see the clown, only its eyes."

"Ronnie, why didn't you say anything." He was puzzled. Could she not trust him?

"I thought it sounded crazy," She sighed.

"Oh, okay. Are you okay though,what happened?" The girl smiled at his concerned ramblings.

"Nothing really. you know the usual! A killer clown trapping you in your closest feeding on your fear," The girl responded with a sarcastic smile. The boy frowned and stopped. Veronica sighed once more, looking at the ground. Eddie took his finger moving Veronica's face, forcing her to face him. Eddie then cupped her face with his hands. His brown eyes pooled with emotion.

"Don't act like your fine Veronica. Nothing about this normal or fine. I need you to be okay I need you," Veronica felt her heart stop. Eddie was so caring, much more then anyone present in her life currently. Slowly but surely even though she didn't know it yet she was falling in love with Eddie Kaspbrak.

"Hey Eds, can we um maybe talk about something else?"

"Yeah sure, but im not letting this go."

"Yeah okay Kaspbrak," she smiled before splitting paths. "See you tommorow Eddiekins."

"Bye Ronnie."