0.4

CLAUSTROPHOBIA!

CLAUSTROPHOBIA!

Veronica laid in her bed late at night, when a noise startled her. She froze, glancing around her room. Seeing know one she got up with a groan. Perhaps it was just her dog. Heading to her closet where the noise was she shuddered. She hated the closet, well any enclosed space really.

When the brunette opened the closet she found nothing. Her jaw clenching, she took a step inside. Her fists curled tightly together as she moved her clothes. Veronica took another step into her closet. Her nerves were beginning to settle when the closet door closed with a thud. In a sheer panic Veronica quickly grabbed grab the doorknob yanking it hard. The only problem was the door wouldn't open. Sweat dripped from her palms as she yanked harder and harder until she fell back onto a pile of clothes.

She let out a shaky breath. Her heart beat in her ears, and her throat was tight. The closest was black. Not an ounce of moonlight seeped under her door, creating an oasis. The girl sat on the ground shaking and sobbing uncontrollably. Her breaths came out in short gasps, her fingers clawing for any short of comfort she could find.

Veronica heard cackling in the room, echoing all around her. Her breath hitched, her ears yearning to figure out if the laughing was real or just simply a trick of her imagination. She looked around, her breathing slowing. Not like she was going to see anything. Her brown eyes watered as they scanned the dark. It wasn't until she looked in the corner of the closet that her heart had to work overtime. A pair of yellow eyes were peering down at her. A petrified scream dried up in her throat.

"Tasty Tasty beautiful fear," the sickly voice taunted, causing her drying scream to escape. So loud that her older brother Lucas came rushing up the stairs and to the closet. 

Lucas opened the door letting Veronica tumble out, breathing heavily.

"S-somethings in the closet," the girl managed to choke out, before passing out. 

✰ ✰ ✰

The next day Veronica awoke to someone knocking on her bedroom door. Sluggishly she trudged to the door.

"Lucas go awa-" Veronica started as she swung the door open, only to never finished her sentence. Lucas wasn't at the door, Eddie was.

"Uh o-oh hey Eddie," Veronica stuttered clearly embarrassed to see the boy. She was a mess, her hair was all matted and her face bare. She knew makeup wasn't a necessity, but she still felt naked without it. The girl was also wearing a pair of plaid pajama shorts and an oversized Derry Tigers hoodie. Eddie didn't mind though, he still thought she was beautiful. Everyone did. That was the one thing about Veronica, nobody could deny her beauty, no matter how much some disputed it.

"Uh are you going to quarry?" He asked the girl, bouncing on the balls of his feet. Veronica sighed. She had completely forgotten.

"Eddie I don't think so, I mean what if Bev comes?  I mean she hates my 'friends' what if she hates me as well." Eddie thought for a moment before answering.

"Well I wouldn't worry about it the guys love you and think your a cool person to hang out with." She smiled at the boy.

"Okay Eddie. I know you haven't even came into my room yet but im going to have to kick you out so I can get dressed." Eddie nodded, taking a step back, "see you at the quarry." With that goodbye Veronica shut her door.

She quickly grabbed a pair of blue overalls and a baby pink t-shirt.  She then proceeded to get dressed and had begun to put her hair into bun. The humidity in the Maine air would surely make her stick up, so keeping it wrapped was the best idea.

Ronnie left her house 10 minutes after Eddie. She didn't even try to hurry as she slowly walked enjoying life. A cracking sound filled the air causing her to jump. She quickly glanced around, only to be met with something cold and slimy. She let out a shriek, trying her best to dust off the substance. Laughing filled the air as Henry drove by.

The girls ex had thrown a bucket of worms and dirt on the girl as he drove by with his friends. Angrily Veronica flipped him off before running to the quarry. The first stick to her clothes, and the worms to her hair, even as she ran.

Veronica had got to the quarry at the wrong time. She stopped abruptly, Bev was pulling in on her bike. The girl went to hide but before she could the red head had noticed her.

"What the hell happened to you?" Bev scoffed, placing her kickstand up. She didn't like Veronica, at all. She had only been an innocent bystander to Greta, but was any bystander really innocent?

"Bowers," She mumbled, not meeting Bev's disgusted gaze. This puzzled Beverly. She had thought that the popular Veronica Hodges was dating Henry. It was almost a laughable that this is what the girl had succumbed too.

"Why would Henry do that your his girlfriend?" Beverly asked out of curiosity.

"Ex-girlfriend I broke up with him on the last day of school." Bevs brows rose in shock, she did not think Veronica had it in her. But, her breaking up with Henry made her slightly more likable in Bevs eyes. Veronica sighed, taking a step closer to the girl. The two glanced between eachother and then to the boys who were having a loogie contest. They walked closer to the boys.

"Alright whose going first?"

"Ill go," Bev said announcing the presence of both girls. All the boys turn around.

"What the fuck happened to you sugar." Richie said looking at V. Veronica scoffed at the horrid name Richie had just called her.

"Richie shut up," Eddie elbowed him. This action made Ronnie smile.

"Bowers, and ill go too" The two girls began taking off their clothes, Veronica in a bathing suit, Beverly her under garments. All while the boys stared, not even bothering to try to hide it. Veronica didn't wait for Bev as she ran through the boys jumping into the water. 

"What the fuck!" Richie cried. "Ah holy shit we just got shown up by a girl."

"Two girls," Bev corrected, jumping into the water below.

"Do we have to do that now?" Stan gulped.

"Yes."

"Come on losers." The brunette yelled from below.

"Yeah," Bev taunted as the boys began jumping into the water.

🥀

A/n hello guys I did like a double update thing so be happy also guys i lost my computer charger so I havent added gifs yet,  not that you care.