Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Hot.... Tour?

Brandon drives a shitty rusty old car... I'm just happy it's not a huge truck... You know what they say. I sit in the passenger seat and watch as Brandon fumbles with his keys, I giggle when he finally manages to turn them in the ignition, clearly he's not used to having flirty girls in his car.

"So how old are you anyway gorgeous?" he says as he begins to back out of the driveway.

"16 going on 21" I reply grinning wildly, I feel reckless.

"Hmmmm... you're too pretty to be from Minnesota. You sure you're not from heaven?"

"You sure you want to go with that pickup line? It's not like I've heard that one a hundred times."

"Oh a feisty one are we?"

"Very." I wink.

"Mmmm... Feisty beautiful and from what I've heard a great sense of humor too... I think we're going to get along don't you?" he places his hand on my thigh and slows the car to wink at me. I suppress a gasp.

"Yes..." I reply weakly at first, light headed. I shake myself and grin again. "You might want to remove your hand... You might crash."

He moves his hand further up my thigh... This isn't his first rodeo that's for sure... "I'm actually taking you to a party... I mean I was going to see if you wanted to but you seem like you'd love it." He turns to me and flashes me another grin.

I blush and sink lower into my seat, "I've never actually been to a party before..." I say truthfully. He doesn't look surprised, "Yeah I kinda figured do to the awkwardness."

"Awkwardness?"

"Oh come on you scream awkward!"

I giggle and he smiles widely... "So do you want to be my date?"

I blush and look down at my feet, "Maybe..." He puts two fingers under my chin and lifts my face. "please?" I blush turning what I'm convinced is tomato red, "Fine! but don't go trying anything!"

Mom chooses this moment to send me a text.

How is the tour?

Hmmm... Trust mom to make sure I'm behaving.

Great, Brandon's taking me to a party. Be home tomorrow.

Be careful sweety... Love you.

K.