"That Diagros bloke, was he lying?" Martha asked, wanting to be sure she wasn't the only who had came to that realization. "Appears so." The Doctor responded. "Solum I think you need to take these three back. I'll be quicker on my own." The Doctor instructed. From the darkness of the tunnel, a high pitched squeal matching that of a pig echoed. Everyone's head spin as they seemed to come from around.

      "Hello?!" Frank boomed. Solum shushed him quickly. "What if that's what happens to the people that go down here?" Solum implied. "We haven't seen no bodies." Frank mumbled. "What've they just got lost."

     "I've never heard anyone make a sound like that." Solum replied. "Where's it coming from?" Frank asked. The Doctor began to wander down a branching tunnel, holding his flashlight up. The squealing continued.

    "This way." One implied. "No, this way." Another said. "Doctor." Martha whispered, shaken. All eyes turned to the source that she shined her light at. In the end of a tunnel, slumped on the ground and against the wall was a figure.

        "Are you lost?" Frank asked it. "Can you understand me? I think folk get lost down here.-""It's alright Frank." The Doctor stooped. He approached the figure. "Frank has a point, though. Hate to be lost, but we know the way out." The Doctor knelt before the figure. What they once thought to be human was not human at all; for rather then a mans face looking back it was a humanoid pig's. It grumbled softly.

      "Is that some carnival mask?" Solum asked. "Afraid not." The Doctor replied, before sighing and silently murmuring "I'm sorry." to it.

      "I can help." He informed it, not noticing the several new shadows casting on the wall. "Doctor." Valarie Warner, as from a open archway near the tunnel more pig-men emerged. They seemed more frightening then the one they had just encountered. The Doctor stood and began to walk backwards, away from them.

       "They're following you." Martha gulped.

       "Noticed that, thanks." The Doctor backed his way into the group. He gulped as the pig-men slowly approached. "Martha, Valarie, Solum, Frank." "Yeah?" "Run!" He cried.

       Both groups broke into a mad dash; the pig-men squealing and screaming as they chased them. Valarie's lungs burned and she would've questioned how she ended up in this situation if the pig-men weren't so close on their heels. The Doctor kept a hand on Martha and Valarie. They ran past a archway, but were immediately ripped back by the Doctor.

"The ladder!" He yelled, climbing up it first. He pulled his sonic out, and soniced all around the rim. He then popped it out of place with ease and climbed out; everyone following suit. Valarie was the last out, and she was shoved out of the way by Solum. "Frank!" He yelled into the hole. Frank was trying to climb up, but the pig-men has a grip on his legs. The Doctor and Solum desperately grabbed at his hands. But in the end, it wasn't enough and he fell back onto the ground below, surrounded by the pig-men.

Solum quickly pulled the manhole cover back over, among the Doctor's screams for him to stop. Martha and Valarie cowered together in the corner, obviously shaken from what they had just seen.

"I'm not losing anyone else!" Solum bellowed at the Doctor. "If we go back they'll get us all. I'm sorry." Solum whimpered, obviously distraught with having to let Frank go. Among the chaos, a new person spun from behind a book shelf in the room.