Chapter 7: Knowing you

Start from the beginning

I sighed, “Tell you what, let’s go out and grab something to eat.”

“I do love food.” She smiled, “Let’s go.” She headed for the door.

I shook my head and took up my jacket as we left.

We got into the lift.

Sif was excited, but she had her sword tucked into her belt. She looked really unusually in a floral baby doll dress, mid-length boots and her warrior belt around her waist.

We walked out as I locked up behind us.

“What will we eat?” she asked grinning.

“How about I treat you to a British must have?”

“What?”

“Fish and chips.” I smiled.

She smiled at me, “I like fish.”

“Then it’s settled.”

Kaylee:

Thor and I take a seat in Poppies’ restaurant. The waitress came to take our orders.

“Good afternoon,” she smiled, “can I take your order?”

I noticed her trying not to stare at Thor too long.

I giggled, “We’d have some Plaice Fillets, 2 large chips and some seasonal salad.”

“And two cokes.” Thor added grinning.

The waitress smiled and walked off.

I looked at Thor trying to hold back my laughter.

“Is something wrong?” he asked confused.

“No its nothing.” I smiled.

“Tell me.” He pleaded.

“It’s just that she was kind of checking you out.”

“Checking me out?” he furrowed his brows.

I laughed, “How do I explain this… umm. She was admiring you.”

“Oh.” He said nonchalant.

I raised a brow at him, “Oh. That’s it?”

“I’m used to it,” he smiled, “The son of Odin is always admired by the ladies.”

I burst out laughing holding my stomach.

“Is it such a shock?”

“No, but the way you said it is.”

He smiled, “So why did you want to be a psychologist?”

I was surprised again. This somehow feels like a date with a normal bloke and I really like this.

“Well, emotions interest me. People always say that a person can’t change but I want to be able to prove that they can.”

“What do you mean?” he titled his head.

“I mean, humans think like once a crazy always a crazy person, but I want to get to the bottom of it all… of what insane really is by understanding the exact workings of the human mind and our ability as human beings to think and our free will.”

He nodded, “I have the same feeling.”

“Really?” I asked a bit skeptically.

“Yes. It’s my father; he thinks humans are one in the same, powered by greed and only interested in means which benefit themselves.”

“I can’t really argue with him when you consider the majority of us. Society is powered by greed. We always have rich and the poor never one category.”

“But not you Kaylee, your father is one of the richest men in Britain but you don’t even associate yourself with him because you can never see eye to eye. It’s the same with me.”

I froze looking at him. I can’t believe it’s just now hitting me. He was right. And now I know why he was interested in me; because at the bottom of it all we were the same.

“Here you go.” The waitress said placing our plates and drinks down, “Enjoy your meal.”

William:

“Thor never listens to me.” Sif sighed.

“Neither does Kaylee.” I laughed.

“He’s always getting himself into trouble and then I’m the one who is always sent to get him.”

“Kaylee doesn’t want to get out at all but she should instead of just staying in her own little bubble.”

“Oh I wish Thor would stay in his own bubble.” She grinned. “He’s always off trying to prove Odin wrong somewhere.”

“Kaylee does that too.” I sighed, “She started a protest against her father’s company once to stop a major merger from happening with Trump International. Guess who bailed her out of jail?”

Sif laughed, “They are quite a pair then.”

I nodded, “I’d have to agree with you.”

“We’re here.” I said opening the door to Poppies. “After you.”

“Thank you kind Sir.” She smiled walking inside.

Thor and Kaylee were eating in the corner.

Sif smiled and took my hand walking to the other side of the restaurant.

“Let’s not interrupt them.” She said taking a seat.

I sat down in front of her and took up the menu.

“What’s calamari?” she asked with her cute confused expression.

“It’s squid cut up and fried.”

She grinned, “I’ve cut up my share of monster squid.”

I shook my head.