Part 15: Subliminal Messages (T)

(Present)

The date was June 25.

All of Gotham City knew what tomorrow was, especially the people employed at Wayne Enterprises. Even the scum of Gotham would be cautious tomorrow. If you thought Batman was ruthless any other day, even the devil himself went on holiday out of Gotham on June 26th. And if you really wanted your ass hauled to hell, you'd show your face in crime alley. But on the 25, it was life almost as usual in Gotham.

Bruce Wayne woke up alone in his bed at 7am, later than his usual 5am. He'd gone on patrol to try and find out who had grown a vendetta against Catwoman (and maybe Selina too?). All he'd learned was that things were a bit too quiet, but there were rumors of a new lady in town not many had seen yet. His phone informed him of a message from his old lady. Bruce had sent Selina and her friend to meet Maggie somewhere in the west coast.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes with one hand while his other went for his phone.

My Kitten> good morning my knight in shining armor 😘😘

Bruce gently rolled his eyes and smiled. He'd never get used to this lovey dovey stuff.

My Mr> Good morning, my queen 😙. Sleep well?

My kitten> As well as I can without my favorite pillow 😉

My Mr> Ouch.

The great Batman, diminished to a mere bed accessory.

My Kitten> What?! I can't sleep without you! You try sleeping on a bad pillow.

My Mr> You try sleeping on an empty bed!

Actually, he was glad she was out of town. That meant he wasn't bound to be in bed by a certain time. And more importantly, he could do research that he didn't want her involved in.

My Kitten> I can make up for that. Tomorrow morning, you and I can stay in bed all day. I booked my flight for this evening.

Right. Tomorrow was June 26, the 24th anniversary of his parents' deaths. Usually he was ruthless x10 this week, up until he married Selina. So for the past 2 years, with her by his side, he was calm enough to be ruthless x5. But now some asshole had decided to not only set up his wife for a crime she didn't commit, but boy did they choose the wrong month for it!

My Mr> Don't do that! You haven't seen your sister in so long. She'll hate me.

Bless his soul for thinking that.

My Kitten> Muggs will h8 me more if I'm not with you tmrw.

Bruce was at a loss of words, typing something, but then changing his mind. These two sisters! This was what normal life was, and it was taking him a long time to get used to it again. But he loved Selina, and was willing try whatever normal she wanted.

Selina Kyle was very much aware of her husband's hesitation with what people called 'normal'. The most normal thing in her life had been crossing paths with him. Two freaks together could make their own normal. She loved that he tried...

My Kitten>...I love you

My Mr> fine. Come home.