Part 7: Aristocat

(Present)

After Bruce left for work, Selina only crammed in an hour of sleep before she had to get ready for the day. Who could've told her all the responsibilities that came with being Mrs. Wayne? Sure, they were mostly public appearances to schools and charities and all that kind, but so many in one day took the fun out of it. Of course, she couldn't let that show on tv.

Alfred was plenty help getting her started; he managed to collect a list of of all the organizations Martha visited and supported. He also helped street raised Selina become more, aristocratic; a princess training program to say. Her first trip was to sick children at Gotham General, where she read eager looking kids a Dr. Seuss book called The Sneetches. She made art projects in some rooms and played games in others, and the children loved her.

Selina's next stop was the foster home that John went to, where she took a bus load of kids to the best ice cream parlor around. Selina smartly planned her day with children first, so she could save her genuine excitement for the kids. The grown ups were rather boring, but she smiled her way through tours and introductions and interviews.

The stops to her designers were fun though. Once it was official that Selina was Bruce Wayne's only girlfriend, designers flocked her. Martha Wayne's were the first to approach her, hoping to become a trademark for the Waynes.

Usually she had fun playing dress up, but today her mind was stuck on the kids. Her time with the little souls got her thinking of her own little one. Would they be as excited about the simple luxuries of life, or take everything for granted with their last name? At her apartment, she was supposed to be sketching designs for her collection, but she couldn't help but doodle the petite little features her baby would have.

The itty bitty toes; the nimble fingers small enough to wrap around one of mama's fingers. Maybe they could have Bruce's eyes, she always got lost staring in the sea green pools. Bruce's nose was too big for a baby, but hers would do. People had teased her when she'd become Mrs. Bruce Wayne almost two years ago, about just how faithful a playboy could be. If he had 14 girls in 7 days, imagine how many children he could have!

Selina obviously knew of Bruce's playboy facade, but it was nothing compared to her coyness with the Batman. The thought made her blush. When they were engaged, Bruce had told her of all the real relationships he'd had. The journalist at Gotham Gazette who always had her nose where she shouldn't. The socialite who Batman discovered was part of a very anti-Wayne family, or cult rather. What caught her attention most was Bruce's relationship with his mentor's daughter. She was a princess of assassins, who kept him company when the world believed Bruce Wayne was dead. Selina was jealous, but if it hadn't been for Talia, Bruce would truly have been dead.

Jen's entrance startled Selina out of her daydream and she got up to welcome her best friend. The blonde was surprised to see Selina in the apartment, even though she was there every other day. Jen locked her bag in the closet and flopped on the couch next to Selina.

"Designer baby?" She asked in query of the sketchpad she'd picked off the floor.

Selina laughed and shouldered Jen, taking the drawings back.

"I don't know about designer, but classy for sure."

Jen rolled her eyes.

"So what got you doodling babies? Making a new clothes line?"

"That's not a bad idea, but no. Bruce and I are.... family planning!" Selina squealed, her face red.

"Already, huh? Doesn't it seem too soon? You haven't even had your second anniversary!" Jen wasn't on board, and Selina had been starting to pick up on her best friend's distaste of her husband.