- Chapter Seven -

Brooklyn's POV

It had been a week full of fun when I picked Hazel up from school on Friday.

We had been to the aquarium, out to her favorite restaurants and spent hours shopping in her favorite stores. I was having a blast with her, and I had something that was going to make Hazel's stay even more exciting.

"Hi Mommy!" Hazel giggled as she ran to me after school

"Can we go get ice cream?!"

"No, I have a surprise for you waiting at home." I said and Hazels's eyes immediately got big

She wasn't able to hide her excitement at all as we drove home.

When I pulled into the driveway, she already knew what the surprise was as she hopped out of the car.

"Aunt Madelyn!" She yelled as she ran into the house and into the living room.

"Hi cutie!" Madelyn said as she gave Hazel a huge hug

Hazel was only into Madelyn for a moment before she saw Roman holding baby Mason.

The two of them had decided to come visit when Levi had to fly to New York for a conference and she didn't want to stay all weekend alone with the baby.

I had more than enough room in my house for them and I knew Hazel would love to see baby Mason.

And I didn't get near enough FaceTime with Madelyn now that she lived two hours away.

"Hi baby Mason!" She swooned

"Did you miss me?"

Justin's POV,

I missed Hazel more than I thought I would by Friday.

It had been a week since she had went to Brook's, and I was desperately feeling the need to see her.

I didn't know if it was a good idea, but I decided I wanted to go see her in the couple of hours I had before my flight to Atlanta.

When I pulled up to Brook's, I saw a car in the driveway, I didn't know whether or not to go in.

I thought maybe I should've called first. But, Hazel was my daughter. If I wanted to see her, I could.

That logic got me all the way to the door and made me ring the doorbell before I could stop myself.

"Hi?" Brooklyn looked slightly confused as she opened the door

"Hey. I had an hour before I need to leave for the airport and I miss Hazel. Can I see her?"

"Of course." She smiled as she opened the door and led me inside

I instantly felt like I should have called when I saw not only Roman, but Madelyn and the baby.

I didn't want to intrude.

"Hey Hazel, look who is here." Brooklyn said quickly when Hazel didn't even realize I had walked in

"Hi Daddy!" She smiled for a second but turned her attention back to the baby

"Do you want to hold baby Mason?"

"No, I'm good." I sighed as I sat down on one of the large couches that filled Brook's formal living room

"I came to see you!"

Hazel just smiled at me as she continued to play with the baby.

"I think it's time for Mason to eat. I'm going to take him upstairs for a little while." Madelyn said as she took the baby from Sophie, who met her with a death glare

"We'll be here all night, So. Go see your Daddy."

Brooklyn's POV

Hazel clung to me as soon as Madelyn took Mason way from her.

Roman immediately went into a different room, leaving the three of us.

She was being pouty about Justin being here, but I couldn't figure out why.

"I don't want to go with you, Daddy. I want to stay here. I like Mommy's house better." She finally said as she held onto me

"He's getting ready to leave for Atlanta. He just came to play for a little while." I explained

She instantly relaxed when she realized she wasn't leaving

I waited until she ventured onto Justin's lap before I escaped upstairs so they could have some time together.

"God there's a lot of sexual tension between you two." Madelyn laughed as I walked into the room she was staying in

"I think you need to have sex and get it over with. It'll make him remember how much fun you two had."

"I'm not sure that will fix anything." I sighed, laughing at the thought of Justin and I in bed together

For the last three years, we had only spoken about Hazel.

We spoke minimally, at that.

I hadn't thought about Justin in a remotely sexual way in a long time, until last week when I ran across his porn stash.

"You're crazy if you don't think he will come around some day. You guys are soul mates. The world wants you to be together. That's why you are here in Los Angeles! That's why Hazel is here. To bring you two together. It's fate!"

"I think fate is taking too long to work. And we can't forget that Justin is kind of a douche now. He can be such an ass."

"Because he loves you!" Madelyn laughed

"Trust me."

"I'll try." I sighed, but I didn't want to get my hopes up

When I had come back three years ago, I had thought everything would go back to normal. I had thought we would be able to go back to how things were.

But, Justin made it clear that wasn't going to happen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Next stop, Los Angeles." The bus system announced as it started to move again.

It had taken me two months to get here. I had left Magnolia Springs with thirty dollars, enough to get me to Mobile.

I had found work waiting tables. In order to not waste any money, I stayed in homeless shelters.

It took me two weeks to save enough to get a bus ticket to Houston. I didn't know how I was going to get to Los Angeles, but I just knew I had to keep moving west.

I did the same thing in Houston; I found a job and slept in shelters.

I didn't talk to anyone. I was still trying to heal, both physically and emotionally, so it was easier to not talk.

I didn't know anyone.

No one tried to get to know the beaten up, emotionally scared girl who kept to herself.

From Houston, I got to Albuquerque and on to Phoenix.

I was finally on my last bus trip to Los Angeles.

In two hours, I would be back in the city I never thought I would get to see again.

It was all I could do to not think about what would happen when I finally got to Los Angeles.

Would Justin be happy to see me?

Would Hazel even remember me?

I couldn't even begin to think about how much our life together had been forever altered by Anthony's reappearance in my life.