- Chapter Two -

Brookelyn's POV,

Much to my dismay, Hazel fell asleep on the way back into Los Angeles.

I tried to wake her up once at two hour drive was over, but she was out.

I knew it would be especially awkward and tense without Hazel to lighten the mood.

I carried her to the front door and rang the doorbell.

I waited a couple of minutes until I heard Killer barking and Justin's heavy footsteps.

"Did someone poop out on the fun?" he smiled, which was a pleasant surprise. "I'll take her."

"Hazel mentioned you're going to be in Atlanta tomorrow. Any way you would let me pick her up from school and have her for the night?"

"Brook, we have a deal."

"I know. And I just know she's going to be with the nanny all night anyways. It's not like I'm taking her away from spending time with you."

"I'm not going to be back until really late."

"She has a room at my house. It is a Friday, so I can just bring her back sometime on Saturday."

"Saturday morning. I do want to spend time with her this weekend."

"I'll have her back by nine." I nodded.

"Thanks."

"Don't think it's going to happen again. This is just a special occasion."

Justin's POV,

The next morning as I got Hazel ready for school, I decided to tell her the news.

"So Mommy is going to pick you up from school today." I said as I brushed her hair into a high ponytail, the only thing I could do with her long brown hair.

The nanny normally came over to help me out in the morning and take her to school, but I had decided to do it this morning since I wasn't going to get any Hazel time tonight.

"Why? Where are you going?" She asked, wincing as I pulled too hard with the brush

"Sorry," I apologized, I just have to run to Atlanta for a quick trip." I told her, even though she had no idea where that was

"Yay. I love Mommy." She smiled

As I secured a white bow into her pony tail.

Even if she didn't like that I couldn't do much with her hair, I had learned how to put bows in so that always seemed to appease her.

"I know. And you even get to spend the night."

"Really?" Her eyes got big, since that wasn't a normal thing

I didn't want it to be a normal thing.

Though, I respected that Hazeo wanted more Brook in her life, but I had to put limits on it.

Especially when Hazel was finally at the age where she could nearly understand the arrangement of seeing Brook twice a week.

• • •

"I want my mommy." sobbed as Brookelyn left.

She screamed and thrashed in my arms as I picked her up to keep her from running out the door.

"Stop, Hazel. You can see her again next week." I tried to explain to the irrational three-year-old

"Mommy!" She screamed louder.

"Mommy! Come back!"

"Hazel!" I said in an irritated tone, unable to stomach my feelings

Why was Hazel so attached to her? Didn't she remember that Brook had left us? Didn't she remember that time without Brook?

"Mommy!" She wailed

"I want Mommy!"

I sat her down on the couch to cry and wondered if I was doing the right thing.

My mom had convinced me to let Brook back into her life.

I let Brook come over once a week for three hours maximum.

She had only come over twice so far, but it was turning into more work than it was worth with Hazel getting so upset when she left.

Was I really doing the right thing if Hazel was getting this upset?

Was I just setting her up to get hurt again?

What if Carson disappeared again?

• • •

"Yay! I'm so excited!" she jumped down from the counter and ran into her room to pack.

Seeing how excited she was made me a little less anxious about the arrangement.

I didn't like Hazel sleeping at Brook. I was so scared she was going to disappear again and never be heard from again. I was so scared to let her form a relationship with Hazel when she came back, but my mom had convinced me that Sophie needed a motherly figure in her life.

And since I was set on never dating again, Brook was pretty much my only option.

Brookelyn's POV,

"I'm going to go get her." I said to my bodyguard, Mitchell, as I got out of my new car, I watched as several kids ran to their waiting parents.

When Hazel saw me, her eyes lit up and she bounded into my arms.

"Mommy! We get to spend the whole night together!" She squealed

"That's what I hear! You get to see Mommy's new house!" I smiled

I had decorated a room just for her, but she hadn't been allowed to sleep over since the move.

I was excited to see her reaction to my house.

With a pool out back and a slide, it was a dream.

"Hi Mitchell!" She greeted him warmly as I set her in the backseat of the car.

"Hey munchkin, how's your love life?" He asked in his thick spanish accent like he did every time he saw her.

"I don't have a boyfriend!" She laughed as she buckled up.

"Daddy says I'm never, ever allowed to date."

"We'll see what Daddy says when you start to fight him on that." I laughed to myself as I pulled out of the parking spot.

I had a fun night planned with Hazel and I was going to waste none of our precious time together.

Justin's POV,

Although I had been reluctant to Hazel spending nights at Brook's, the next morning when she came bouncing into the house I knew I had made the right decision.

"Daddy, we had so much fun! Mommy painted my nails and did my hair and we even went to get pedicures!"

"Sounds like you had quite the night." I laughed.

"Did you say thank you yet?

"Thank you, Mommy!" she said as she hopped off my lap and ran back to Brookelyn to give her a hug

"I'll see you on Tuesday afternoon." she said as she kissed Hazel's forehead

"Thanks Brook." I yelled as she walked towards the door

"Any time." She smiled and waved

"Do you want some breakfast, big girl? Want to help me make some bacon?"

"We got up early and made breakfast this morning. Mommy made french toast! And then we made pancakes, too! Roman taught me how to crack an egg!

"What? Who is Roman?" I felt my jaw tightening at the sound of a new man, a new man in Brook and now Hazel's lives?

"The boy who lives at Mommy's new house." Hazel smiled as she took a bite into an apple and walked back out of the kitchen,

leaving me to my thoughts already running out of control.