throat slit in half

After season 5

Characters:
Kai
Cole
Zane
Nya
Sensei Wu
Skylor
Llojd
Jay
Ronin
______________________________________
It was late morning, and the ninja were busy training on Destiny's Bounty's deck. Zane coached Nya on how to summon her elemental dragon, Jay was running trough the course, Cole was exercising jujitsu on a dummy, and Kai and Llojd was fighting with swords.

"-things are really going smoothly after the tournament thing. She's always been there for me and I want to be there for her", Kai said as their swords clashed. He pushed himself backwards to distance himself.

"You really seem happy with your girlfriend", Lloyd said as he swung his sword at Kai's legs.

"I am", not seconds too late he managed to back off some more before going into attack. Llojd managed to duck when Kai swung his blade from behind. "When are you gonna get a girlfriend?"

This managed to dumbfound the ninja long enough for Kai to make him trip with a low roundhouse kick. Lloyd managed to snap out of it and roll to his left before Kai had the time to bring down his blade. When Kai was busy un-sticking his sword, Lloyd got up to his feet and prepared a fighting stance. "It's kinda hard when everyone ditches me"

"Ouch, tough love", Kai swung his sword to Llojd's left, which he easily dodged. He then sighed, losing his focus on the battle. "I'm going out on a date tonight. I've be-, aaaaAHH!"

A pain shot up from Kai's abdomen and all he could do was to scream in pain and surprise. He fell to his knees and looked down. The edge of ard eeked trough. Blood stained his red gi. He caught everyone else's attention.

"What happened!?"

"Kai, you okay!?"

"Call an ambulance and get the medkit!"

Time skip 4 months

As Kai arrived at the Bounty, which was stationed in the Sea of Sand, the ninja and sensei Wu was there to greet him. The doctors said that he managed to avoid getting his organs impaled and that he was very lucky. He still had to stay at the hospital for recovery, and today was the day of his release.

"Welcome back, brother!"

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe that you're back!"

"Are you alright?"

Kai smiled as he and Skylor approached them and went on board. His girlfriend picked him up at the hospital in a rented car because Skylor insisted it was better than taking her dragon or motorcycle.

Nya hugged him gently, afraid of hurting her older brother. He hugged her back just as soft. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

As they released each other Kai met the green ninja's gaze, who looked away. His lips were pursed into a thin line. He looked ashamed of himself. "I can't believe you're still alive"

"I'm not going down that easily, greenie", Kai teased light-heartedly with a smirk as he ruffled Llojd's hair.

He smiled weakly, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

Time skip 1 day

Kai was ordered to take it easy by his doctor, but he didn't want to sit around and do nothing. So that morning, he sat on a chair on deck and lifted light weights, one arm after the other.

As he did so, he saw Zane and sensei Wu have a little chat in the corner of his eye. They were whispering something inaudible, but it didn't seem to go well. Head shaking and disappointed looks, then Zane was back perfecting his airjitzu with Jay.