Chapter 03: The CPR

Chapter 03

Percy's POV

After the break up I didn't ate, sleep, think, or do anything. I was just in my cabin. Staring through nothingness. Even my friends couldn't think of a way to get me out of my misery. But I always told them how. To get Annabeth stay with me, but they always kept silent when I say that. I don't know why but after 1 year I decided to get out of camp and live life.

Just then, I remembered my girl- ex-girlfriend's graduation speech. 'We shall live life, no matter what happens.' A tear escaped from my eyes. I quickly wiped it off.

The past 3 years, I've been working. Actually I have been swimming. A lot. I've been joining this competitions where I get trophies and medals, which got me a manager.

He said that I'm a good swimmer and I have good looks. I could be an artist he says. I had nothing to do besides to agree with him, since I wanted to move on. Even though honestly, I can't.

I stood up from my chair and paced back and forth. "Percy, this is great for you. You could have a big break if you joined this movie. You said you want to stay out of swimming for a while and do a new activity. So here it is. A new project." My manager, Rufert said. I still couldn't say yes. "What's the problem?" He asks. We were in my apartment, discussing about whether I join this movie or not.

"No, nothing. Um, I just...Who's the leading actor again?" I said. I wasn't sure if I heard it right. I knew my heart jumped and at the same time cracks a little because of her name. "Um, let me see..." He said while checking the papers. I was still biting my nails when he continues. "Anniebell Chase?" he said, more like a question. I groaned, "It's Annabeth." I corrected and sat down. I released a big sigh and closed my eyes. Rufert James is my manager slash friend. He's a great friend at the same time a great manager. I told him about my break up with Annabeth but didn't say her name.

"How'd you know?" He asks. "Look, Rufert. You know about the girl that I kept telling you about?" "Yeah? What about her?" He said not paying attention to me, but to the papers he was holding. "She's the one who dumped me and became an actress." I said as I released the bomb.

"No way..." He shook's his head and looked at me.

"Yes way..." I nod.

"Dude! You could meet her again and show her what you become!" He said and fists pumps in the air. "No way dude! I can't see her again." I said and turn away. "Oh c'mon Perce! Your 21 years old! You're an adult now, you can handle it," he says but continues. "You've move one now right? And I think that your ex will not be that pretty than she was before. Dude, I bet she's already fat or something." He says. I was kind of offended and I got a little bit mad about him calling Annabeth fat. "Shut up Rufert. She won't be like that. She's beautiful and gorgeous." I said. "Perce, you talk like she's half-goddess or something." He said and chuckles. Oh Rufert if you only knew. "Yeah, well whatever." I said and left him there. "So are you going to accept the offer or not?" He adds.

"I'll think about it..."

"But Percy! They only gave you 2 days before the shoot begins! There's no time to think about it." He says and grabs my arm. He looks at me defensively and begging me to accept the offer.

I mean, yeah it would be nice to see Annabeth again. But what if I fall in love with her again? What if I just get hurt because she already moved on? What if - "Dude! Are you going to say yes or you 'll just keep staring at no where?"

"FINE." I said in defeat, raising my arms. He sighed in relief.

After our discussion about that I went to the mall for some groceries. All the girls were always 'accidentally bumping me' but I knew it was a way to flirt or whatever. Even the cashier lady gave her number to me. I just gave her a not so happy smile. Then I went to buy some ice cream, where I remembered when Annabeth wished to have one normal day in the outside world.

We went to the park with our friends, and I remembered the time where we were making out behind a tree and a kid saw us and she said I was just giving her CPR. I laughed, which caused 3 people looked at me because I was laughing alone. "What?!" I said and they turned their heads back.

I got home and took a swim - in the highest part of my apartment. Thinking about her, and our memories together before. Again.