Bucky: Chapter 29

Start from the beginning

(This is what it looked like)"Nngh

"Nngh..." he groaned. "Whyyyy?"
"Because everyone is already up! I can hear them."  "Fine," he whined back. He sat upwards and lifted the blanket with him. He leaned his head up against the wall and yawned. Steve leaned forward and placed a kiss on his cheek.
"Merry Christmas, Buck." Bucky looked to the side and faced Steve. He closed his eyes and smiled.
"Merry Christmas." Steve got up to brush his teeth, which Bucky followed after he was done. They got some clothes on as well, and then walked out to greet everyone. Everyone was already upstairs, just waiting for Steve and Bucky to get up.
"Look who finally decided to get up." Tony said sarcastically, as always.
They all gathered around the enormous Christmas tree that was exposed to the whole city from the window.
"Decided to go all out this year, didn't you Tony?" Steve said jokingly.
"When do I not?" The room was filled with laughs. Tony got presents for everyone, which he always loved doing. He made it a rule that he didn't want to get any presents since he pretty much could afford anything at this point. Steve always got him something anyways. This year as a joke, him and Bucky got Tony a Iron Man coffee mug. He liked messing with him. When it was Steve and Bucky's turn to open their presents, Bucky felt extremely uncomfortable. He decided to open it anyways to be polite. They both opened theirs at the same time. After ripping off the wrapping, two boxes were revealed. They slowly opened the top, and Bucky looked up at Tony with confusion.
"How?..."
"I went back to the old Hydra facility in Siberia to see if I could find anything of yours." Bucky lifted up an two old photos and a leather women's watch. Steve held up some Captain America socks.
"Wow thanks, buddy." Steve said sarcastically. Bucky just stared intrigued with the pictures. He brushed his thumb against one to try to see it clearer. One of them was a picture of him and Steve, and another was of him and his siblings. They looked both to be from around 1930, it was hard to tell. He brought both of them with him to keep him in mind of what he was fighting for while he was deployed. The watch was his mother's. He looked up at Tony.
"Thank you," he said softly. Tony nodded and winked with a smirk.
"Alright, I'm starving." Tony clapped his hands together. "Let's eat." As everyone got up and walked off to go eat in the dining area, Bucky remained in his chair, fiddling with the watch. The leather was still smooth, the glass clean. He could tell Tony had it cleaned before he gave it to him. He breathed out and sighed before getting up. He felt a little less intimidated to be around Tony now.
-
-
-
They all had breakfast together, except for Vision and Wanda. They stayed sitting out to talk to each other. Bucky was pretty sure it was because Vision couldn't eat and Wanda didn't want him to feel left out. That's understandable. He thought. They all had fun and laughed some more together. Steve, of course, did most of the talking. Ever since, well, everything, Bucky hadn't been very talkative. He was still a pretty smooth talker to Steve, and if he actually put forth an effort, he could entertain others. He just didn't want to. Too much work. Plus, he didn't really have anything in common with these people, nor have any battle bonds. He had only really talked to Natasha, but that was because they had gone through similar experiences.
After everyone was done with their food, they relaxed and lounged around in the tower. Steve and Bucky both sat in the living area with Natasha and just talked. It wasn't about work or anything, it was more so just about stuff from their childhood and fun times.
-
-
-
They lounged around for another week or so, and left a couple days after New Years. New Years Eve was spectacular. Everyone gathered around the window that faced the city excitedly like little children as they watched the ball drop in the distance. They counted down as the ball slowly fell.
3! 2! 1! They could hear cheering outside in the city as they also celebrated. Steve held his arm around Bucky's body, as Bucky did in return to Steve. They looked at each other as everyone cheered and laughed together.
"I'm happy you're with me again," Steve said softly.
"I am, too." Bucky laid a gentle kiss on Steve's lips as they stood in front of the immense windows that created a huge scope to the city. He rested his head on Steve's shoulder as they continued to watch people cheer in an uproar outside.
Another year.
"We made it, Steve."

So I know it's been like 3 weeks since Christmas, but I explain in a note why I was gone so long and I couldn't work on this. I hope this is an ok start back into writing. ~(◡‿◡✿)