Steve: Chapter 27

Steve slowly opened his eyes and looked over to his right to see Sam next to him. He turned his head to the other side, hoping to see Bucky, but he didn't. He tried to shoot up from where he was, but he couldn't. He was strung down with rope to his chair, as was Sam.
"Bucky!" He yelled.
"Steve," Sam said with hopelessness in his voice. "He's not in here. He's in the other room... but it's not him." Instant panic filled Steve's chest. He struggled against the thick, thick rope that tied him down and the metal braces that were around his arms, but he just couldn't break through.
A woman and Bucky emerged from the shadows of the hallway that led into the room. He looked cold and emotionless, and Steve knew exactly what had happened. But how?
"Солдат, получай от них ответы." (Soldier, get some answers out of them." The woman said. She looked stern and alert, like she was on the hunt for another victim. Bucky grabbed Steve's neck and pulled him up by the throat.
"B-B-Bucky... ple-ea-se." Bucky's face remained emotionless and unmoved. All of a sudden, he whipped a knife out and kicked the woman in the gut, tossing her across the room, as she jumped back up, Bucky threw the knife at Steve, cutting the rope that surrounded his arms. As Bucky fought off the woman, Steve busted out and untied Sam. By the time they had jumped up, Bucky had already tied the woman up securely and knocked her out. He swept back his hair behind his ear.
"Pretty convincing," Steve said with an upset tone.
"I'm sorry," he kissed Steve's warm cheek. "She said the words and I had to pretend for a little while. Hydra must not know that I'm cleared yet." Sam watched and spectated then for a moment, making gagging motions with his finger and mouth.
"Alright, lets keep moving." They walked through the empty halls of the stark and cold building. There were passed out bodies of Hydra agents everywhere.
"Where are you guys!?" They heard Natasha yell over their headpieces. She seemed extremely unsettled.
"We had a little bit of a detour along the way...," Steve admitted.
"A little bit? You guys were off com for over 2 hours!" They heard Tony chime in.
They looked around at each other with panic. Sam knew how to respond though.
"Sorry, while we were walking here we got captured and tranquilized. There wasn't much we could do."
There was a silence on the com.
"Fine," Tony said. "I'll give you guys a pass this time. But next time I'm leaving you guys for the wolves and not coming back."
"Thanks, Tony. Real comforting." Steve said sarcastically.
"We should probably get out of here. Tony and I already cleared out the whole place and found no valuable information. Let's go before anyone else comes. I'll send Sam our coordinates so you can make your way to us."
"Sounds good."
Sam, Steve, and Bucky all made their way through the facility, and when they finally made it outside, they saw their jet on the platform for them. Natasha and Tony stood outside of it, Nat crossing her arms and Tony laughing with his helmet down.
"That's not how it happened," she said.
"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, Raggedy Ann. Alright boys, lets go." They made it inside and sat down in relief and exhaustion. They were all covered in dirt and grime.
"I'll be back," Sam exhaled. "I'm just gonna go clean up." He walked off and Nat, Steve, Bucky, and Tony were all left at a table by a large window. It snowed outside as they peacefully sat.
"I think I'll clean up a bit too." Bucky stood up and walked off to his room.
Steve looked to the side and out the window relaxed. Tony noticed this and smiled.
"He makes you happy, doesn't he?" He smirked. Steve stood straight up again and cleared his throat.
"Uh, sorry, come again?"
"Your friend, Barnes. Well, I guess more than friend. He makes you happy." Steve looked down at his hands.
"Yeah... I suppose he does." He looked up and smiled.