XI

Sunday, December 15

I land near Harry's cabin, stalling, trying to can come up with a good way to tell him... I have to act quickly though, no matter what Harry does or says, because I will not lose him. More importantly, I won't let the Hunters win.

After I told Niall about Harry's time restriction, Niall put himself into some kind of magick coma to uncover the information we needed. Basically, when he puts himself in that state he can concentrate more clearly on the information he is trying to recall. The downside is that he can't return to his body until he has completed the mission, no matter how long it takes.

He was in the coma for 6 days. The Hunters apparently don't know a lot about angels so they just thought Niall was ill and left him alone.

That's the good news.

The bad news is: time is running out. In just a little over two weeks, Harry is going to martyr himself in order to save me.

Bad news part 2 is what Niall discovered...

The Father created Talismans in order to give mankind one last chance for redemption; in order to save them from an eternity in Abaddon he kept a piece of their humanity alive. But as with all things, it came with a price. The Talisman had to be something they cherished from their mortal life to remind them of the innocence they lost— and be the one thing that, if lost, would damn them forever.

The last piece of a demon's human soul remains inside their Talismans and my plan is to transfer that piece of Harry's soul into something else. In order to do that though, I must find something he cherished from his human years and Source his Talisman's power. Then, once I find the Source and have the new Talisman, I can use the energy from the Source to make the exchange.

And I have finally uncovered how to make it happen.

The (potentially deadly) downside is: I have to touch the talisman in order to "Source" it and find out where it draws its power from. Better yet, I not only have to touch it, I have to recite an incantation from the Ancient language.

The Ancient Language was lost to humans and supernatural creatures alike after the fall of Arcadia. Even Niall doesn't remember it well. He says it is only spoken by The Father and Lucifer, for it is a divine language that holds power and can only be spoken by those who are capable of harnessing it.

Niall thinks that because I can wield magick, it makes me strong enough but there are times when I'm not so sure... Like right now for instance. How can I wield this ancient all-powerful magick and be scared shitless about talking to my soulmate?

I step into the clearing so that the cabin comes into view. I feel him before I see him. My heart accelerates and I become alert to his presence which is both exhilarating and overwhelming.

I instinctively quicken my pace.

Not even a second later Harry strides out of the cabin and I stop at the sight of him.

He's dressed in his usual suit and tie, fitted perfectly to his sculpted body. His hair is cut shorter again and it looks tussled, like he has run his fingers through it one too many times. Those emerald eyes find mine and he pursues me with a knowing smirk on his devilish lips.

The hunger in his stare is like fire in my veins and I feel the heat of it between my thighs. As soon as I'm within reach, he pulls me into his arms. I can't control myself as I crush him to me like I can fuse our bodies together. It's only been two days but the need to be near him is nearly crippling and despite Niall's help with controlling my emotions, it's getting worse.