We meet Again

"H-hi," my voice came out as a squeak and I felt the temperature drop a few degrees and then some.

He stood there watching me in silence, before slowly letting go. He took a step back, bowed and said whiles tipping his hat, "Pardon me."

We stood there for a couple more minutes, until he made a move to walk around me. I should let him go right? I should just let him walk around me but...I couldn't and I didn't know why. So, being the girl that I am, I turned around and my hand shot out and latched onto his wrist. Again. 

He stopped, turned his head and looked down at my hand as if he could make it disappear if he looked longer. Realizing this, I swiftly brought my hand back to my sides after removing my headphones. "U-Um, ha, I-I'm sorry but I can't help that-it's just...it's just that you look familiar."

The movement was small and sharp, but I was able to see it. The way he took in a sharp breath, as if someone stabbed him in the back. The tension in the air grew thicker, waiting for him to say something as I fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

Then when I thought that he was going to just walk away, he turned his head so that he was facing forward fully. Casually, his right hand reached into his pocket and came out grasping something.

A few seconds later, there was the sound of something metal, snapping open and shut. The slight movement made known to me, the existence of bulging hard muscle, contracting and extracting through his suit.

The sound of my labored breathing was the only music left in this deadly silence, as I felt multiple beads of sweat breaking out from all over my body. Was it just me? Or was it going to rain, because I swear.

The air in the atmosphere just got hotter by the millisecond. I stood there in terrible anticipation,  as the sound of my heavy breathing mingled with the loud thumping of my heart within the confinements of my chest. The blood rushing through my veins was faintly audible.

Next thing I new, with movement so sharp and precise, he turned his head to me. And startled at the sudden change in his position I gasped.

He held the cigar in his mouth and took a long drag, before pulling it out slowly. Three seconds later, his lips parted to release captive smoke that reminded me of storm clouds.

"I'm sorry mademoiselle, but you must have me mistaken for someone else. Excusez-moi."

 He turned and  walked away with the cigar nestled between his thin lips, whiles I stood there dumbstruck with my mouth opening and closing like a fish. I attempted to walk after him twice but advised against it, I didn't know him that well.

Yet...there was something about him that I decoded whiles I watched him walk away, slowly turning into nothing but a silhouette. 

He wanted to be known.  But would he let himself be.

Without warning, there was a crackle of thunder and heavy rainfall descended from the heavens like a plague. It took me three solid minutes to realize that the man I was looking after had already vanished and that I was still standing in all this downpour.

 I spun turned around and briskly walked home whiles shoving my headphones in my bag. A string of every polite cuss word I could think of gushed out of my mouth

Two minutes later, I reduced my walking speed as my apartment was only three block away, but there was this sudden uncomfortable shift in the air. I couldn't help but feel this weird fact that... someone's pair of eyes were glued to me as I walked with my umbrella sheltering me from the rain.

Nothing could have confirmed this better than the sound of a twig snapping a few feet away from me. Sharply, I spun around only to see a dark figure retreating  to seek the consolation of the shadows. A lump formed in my throat and I desperately tried to swallow it but to no avail. The blasted thing wouldn't go down.