19

The club was darkly lit and packed to the max. People were shuffling around each other, some trying to get to the bad while others were moving to the dance floor. Hoseok never liked being in a sea of people but he had Jimin and Taehyung on either side of him and so he didn't feel so bad.

Jimin had been glued to his phone ever since they left Hosoek's apartment and for the ride over. He finally slipped the device in his pocket when they entered the club. It had put Hoseok off a bit, he thought the entire purpose of the evening was for the three of them to go out together but he supposed he was mistaken. He grumbled at himself. he was being ridiculous. Jimin worked so hard to do for him. He should have the decency to let the younger do what he pleased. Not everything was about him.

They made their way to the bar and ordered a few drinks. It was all relatively boring in Hosoek's opinion. Terribly cliché and uneventful. Wouldn't something interesting help take his mind off his woes? Looking back to Taehyung and Jimin he made up his mind. Jimin seemed to notice this in his friend and smirked, "Why don't you go exploring, hyung? There should be a few hallways here and there - I think I saw one on the other side of the club. Why not check it out?"

Hoseok nodded before taking off and leaving his half finished drink. He knew Taehyung would probably drink it. besides, this was a new place to him and perhaps there was something interesting in the back rooms. The only thing that had been out of the ordinary was a makeshift stage in the back of the club. Hoseok supposed there must have been a live show scheduled for tonight. Shrugging mentally about it, he went on his way to explore.

Taehyung and Jimin were at the bar, still drinking. People seemed to be pressing closer to the stage now as two figures had made their way into the pale spotlight that shone on the wooden planks. It certainly caught Taehyung's attention. His eyebrows widened as he noticed who was on stage. He quickly grabbed onto Jimin and shook him.

"What is he doing here?" Taehyung hissed into Jimin's ear. He pointed towards the stage. Sure enough, there was Yoongi, rolling his shoulders and talking with their friend, Namjoon.

"I don't know!" Jimin whispered yelled back. He seemed rather unconcerned.

"We have to get Hoseok out of here, now." Taehyung put his hand on Jimin's shoulder, trying to instill the same sense of urgency he had about the situation into his hyung.

"Where is he?" Jimin shrugged Taehyung's hand off. Not in a mean way, just to put a bit of space between the two.

"I don't know, he disappeared...." Taehyung paused as he saw the MC step up onto the stage, effectively getting both Namjoon's and Yoongi's attention. "Help me find him!" Taehyung screeched before taking off. Jimin decided to look in the opposite direction and waltzed his own way, pushing through the crowd of people. The MC was beginning the show and announcing the rapper line up. They were supposed to be there to watch Namjoon rap - they hadn't expected Yoongi to show up.

"And this evening we have a real treat for you folks - both of these rappers competing tonight have never lost a battle but have never been able to battle each other. Tonight is going to be one hell of a night!" the crowd cheered a bit, a few whistles and a mass of claps. Most of the patrons attending the bar had come specifically to watch the rap battle take place.

"First up we have Rap Monster!" The MC exclaimed while pointing to a tall man to his left. Namjoon always went by his stage name when he was at the bar and he smiled proudly when it was called, "He's been rapping here for three years and has never lost a match!" The crowd cheered again though it was a bit quieter. They mass of people were already choosing sides as to who they would support.

"And to my right is Suga, A.K.A. Agust D!" the crowd cheered again, perhaps a bit louder than when they had cheered for Namjoon.

"Without further ado," the MC bowed to both rappers before stepping away and shouting, "Begin!" over his shoulder.

Taehyung was frantic to find Hoseok now - if he heard Yoongi's voice he'd probably get depressed again and the whole purpose of the evening was for him to feel better. With that in mind, he pushed onwards through the crowd of people looking for his friend and hoping like mad he would find him.