chapter 11- Infamous

Prismo- Heathens (cover)

Sometimes,

the strongest amongst us

are the ones who

smile through

silent pain,

cry behind,

closed doors,

and fight battles

nobody knows about.

--------------------

"What is it?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me. Samantha saw this as an opportunity to make fun of me and smirked.

"Curiosity killed the cat," she told me smugly. I turned to glared at her and before I could stop my words, they came out.

"Yeah, but satisfaction brought it back," I growled in her direction. Her eyes widened in surprise as everyone stared at me in shock.

I widened my eyes and looked at my fingers that were on my lap. "Anyway..." Sara dragged on and continued gossiping.

She excitedly put her phone down and intertwined her fingers, putting them on the table. 

"Charles just invited us to his party this weekend!" she squealed excitedly. Her face then turned dead serious and she made eye contact with everyone at the table. 

Bipolar much?

"Are you all in?" she asked us. I gulped nervously for the 'nerdy affect' and made eye contact with Daries.

"Of course!" Daries exclaimed happily.

Chloe put her book down and gave a small smile to Sara. "Ok," she told her and Sara squealed along with Daries.

I winced because of the high pitched tone and looked to Samantha who still had to respond. "Why the hell not," she shrugged and Sara squealed once more.

Everyone's gaze went to me and I gulped. "Arden?" Sara asked.

I weighed my options. I could go to the party this weekend and have fun for once in my life, or I could hack into the worlds most secure systems and sell information for money. Mhhh.

Decisions, decisions. 

I just shrugged my shoulders and nodded towards Sara. "Sure," I simply responded.

Sara gave me her million dollar smile and nodded excitedly. For the rest of lunch, Daries and Sara were whispering to each other excitedly about the party.

The bell rang and I grabbed my backpack. Daries was taking forever so I just walked out of the cafeteria, leaving her behind.

Students filled the corridors and started to gossip. I looked down at my phone for a mear second and bumped into someone, making me fall backwards. I closed my eyes tightly and waited for the laughter and pain but it never came.

I felt strong arms hold my waist tightly and gasped as I felt shocks go through my body. I opened my eyes and stared into chocolate brown eyes.

A flash of annoyance passed through his eyes as he glared at me. His sharp jaw was clenched as his hands loosened around my waist.

"Stop staring" he snapped and my eyes turned hard.

I was about to let a snarky comment out but I stopped and took a deep breath. "I a-am sorry," I stuttered.