chapter 2/ life as a 'NORMAL' teenager

The Neighborhood- you get me so high

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Math. The only place where people can buy 64 watermelons and no one wonder why..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snorted and buried my face in my hands. "This isn't happening!" I complained as the car came to a halt. 

"Get out, or I'm going to be late for class!" Landen nudged. I looked up and glared at him. 

"Don't tell me what to do Sally," I snorted at the childhood name I used to call Landen. He groaned and took his hands off the steering wheel, throwing them up frantically. 

"I can't believe you remember that!" he argued. I chuckled at the childhood memory. 

My brother grabbed on to my wrist has he dragged me to nearby cinema while Landen followed close behind us. Landen is my brothers best friend, even though Landen is 1 year older. 

My 10-year old self-came to a halt and crossed her arms over her chest. "I didn't want to come here!" I complained. 

My brothers 14-year old figure turned around and glared. "Trust me, I didn't want to bring you! Now we have to watch Bunny's on the Hill!" Mason yelled. I pouted my lips and turned to face Landen. 

His hands were stuffed in his red sweatshirt while his medium length hair blew in the cold wind of London. Landen was pretty hot, but the whole hair ruined it. He had this phobia of cutting his hair even though now it reached his shoulders. 

"Sally!" called a feminine voice. Mason and I turned around to see a teen-run towards Landen. Her blonde hair whipped in the wind as her shoes tackled the ground. She stopped in front of Landen, who had his back facing her. She tapped Landen's shoulder and he turned around. She gave him a sheepish smile and laughed. 

"I'm so sorry, I thought you were my friend Sally," she said and walked away. Mason and I looked at each other and started to laugh hysterically. 

Landen looked mortified. His eyes were wide and his mouth was open agape. Tears streamed down my face as I clenched onto my stomach. The next day, Landen buzzed his hair. 

Ever since then, I've been calling him Sally. Landen groaned once more and got out of the car. I noticed everyone's eyes on him. The men looked at him with jealousy while the girls looked at him with lust. I almost gagged and opened my car door, walking out. 

I put my head down and quietly walked behind Landen, but not close enough so that people would notice. Luckily, nobody seemed to notice me. 

I was able to make into the office safely. Landen came to a halt and turned around to face me. "You will act as my niece," he whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but I don't want anyone to know," I mumbled. He nodded and turned back around to face the lady at the front desk. She fluttered her eyelashes at him even though she was like 132. 

"Hey Sadie, this is my niece and she is new here," He pointed towards me and I glared at her. She gulped and turned back to Landen with a smile. "Her name is Arden Jackson," he finished. 

"I'll get her set up," she smiled and Landen nodded, walking out. 

"Please don't break anyone's bones today," he whispered as he turned around. I snorted as he walked out of the office. 

Sadie looked at me and smile while I still glared. She gulped once more and hurriedly printed out all the stuff I needed. "H-here is y-your schedule, locker combo, a-a-and your locker n-number," she stuttered. I snatched the papers out of her hands and grabbed my bag, swinging it around my shoulder. 

I walked out of the office and saw that everyone was still in the hallways, chattering away. The stereotypical people, cheerleaders, jocks, bad boys, nerds, norms, jokesters and geeks. I kept my head high and slowly walked to my first class. Not caring if I was late.

The bell rang and I made it just in time. There was nearly anyone in the class so I walked to the back and sat down. Once I sat down, I put my headphones and listened to 'You Get Me So High' and tilted my head back, closing my eyes. 

The second bell rang and I heard people walk in, chattering loudly, might I add. I tried to sleep but finally decided it was useless so I looked at the front, my permanent scowl plastered on my face. 

The teacher walked in with a smile plastered on her face. Once she saw me, her smile only widened. I had to admit, she was gorgeous. With her long brown hair, high in a tight ponytail and sparkly blue eyes. She was wearing a black professional skirt that reached below her knees with a baby blue buttoned up shirt that was rolled up to her sleeves. She was no older than 22. 

"Good morning class!" she beamed. A few eager nerds responded with a 'good morning' while the rest of the class just grunted or stayed quiet. She put her folders down and took off her long black coat. 

"We have a new student!" she exclaimed and shifted her eyes towards me. I glared at her for even announcing my presence. Everyone followed her gaze and landed their eyes on me. Whispers were heard among classmates. 

"Would you care to introduce yourself," she asked meekly under my glare. 

Is she mute?

Why is she glaring like her life depended on it? 

Ew! Look at her clothes! 

Where did she get them? At the thrift store?

Idiot. 

I raised my eyebrows in amusement from all the 'CREATIVE' comments they came up with. Especially the one that said: Idiot. So, this is how a 'NORMAL' teenagers life is? If so,

I HATE IT. 

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been able to update so fast. I really try but come up with nothing. 

Please hit that orange star and make my day \/BRIGHTER\/