Chapter 11

O'shea POV

"And that's what happen between all two?" my dad asked me as he lit his cigar. "She got drunk and smashed the fuck out of your PlayStation."

"That's pretty much what happened. Pops, like she literally fucked up all my stuff in the closet, ripped our pictures up. It was so out of character of her man." I said as I searched my brain to figure out where E'mani got those characteristics.

I guess she did really inherit some not so good traits from her mom.

For the past three days I stayed with my parents since that whole fallout with E'mani and I. I felt horrible after what I said, comparing her to my deceased god mother was not the way to go. The look on her face when I said those heart-wrenching words ate at my conscious every time I closed my eyes.

I was wrong. No matter how you look at it. I was blessed enough to have both of my parents. I knew I shouldn't been talking shit because I know my mom got some loose bolts rolling around in that dome of hers. I would snap if anyone would try to play momma love.

I felt emotionally sick with out my baby girl beside me. Maybe I was a little out of line for telling Jason and not returning any of her texts or phone calls. I just wasn't ready to talk. Yeah, out of anger I told Jason that me and E'mani split but I didn't think that news would travel back to her so quick.

I was angry, lost and broken. I am man enough to admit that I fucked up. E'mani wasn't totally innocent either but that chapter is dead and gone. I always envision what it would be like if we exchanged those vows, becoming one. Seeing her looking stunning, walking down the aisle in her white gown, smiling to become my better half. Having Kids together and growing old together. I guess all of that can be a figure of my imagination, because I know now that it wasn't going to happen.

"So, what you feeling now?", pops questioned me, exhaling the cigar smoke through his nostrils and looking at me.

I shook my head as I ran my hand down my face, "I don't know pops. I love that girl regardless of how crazy she acted. Did I over react by leaving her when she said she was ashamed?"

"She never said that she was ashamed of you.", my dad corrected. In honesty, he was right. E'mani never did confirm that she was ashamed. Nor did I let her explain herself to see where her head was at.

"But still pop. Imagine if ma would have stalled when you asked her to marry her. how would that have made you feel?", I questioned, grabbing the remote off the coffee table and switching the channel to ESPN. It was college basketball season and I found it to be more exciting than to watch NBA Games. The hunger from those college boys was critical, playing for that vacant spot for drafting season of the NBA.

"Your mama did stall when I asked her." pops said as he placed the cigar in his ashtray.

My eyes widened.

"Really?"

"Yeah. She had gas. So instead of Yes coming out, it was a burp. But i took that as a yes cause this ya momma we talkin about."

My face became straight as I just stared at my dad like the fool he really was. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself and shake my head. My parents were definitely goals. They were definitely opposite. Dad being calm and laid back where as my mom was the life of the party and temperamental. Nevertheless, they loved each other unconditionally. That's what I wanted. That's what I longed for and I knew I was gonna get that with E'mani.