Chapter 24

• This chapter is dedicated to PEACE_MAKER06 You have managed to overcome the suffocating boundaries of words and even through your silence, a story can be heard. Thank you Lauryn •

 Thank you Lauryn •

"Sergio Mallozzi." Zeke grounded out the name between his teeth. Hearing that bastard's voice was the last thing Zeke wanted. Sergio was the common point for all the problems in Zeke's life.

After Zeke's father, Mason Cardini, had drowned himself in unhealthy habits of gambling and found himself in massive amounts of debt, it was Sergio who had came to Mason with an offer.

This offer had eventually resulted in the selling of Fiona, Zeke's 19 year old sister. His father had no conscience and Zeke was powerless against the East Coast Mafia boss Sergio Mallozzi.

But the title or position Sergio held hadn't stopped Zeke from trying to get his sister out of this. Unfortunately this hadn't resulted all that well either. For months Zeke had tried to keep track of Sergio's men without getting noticed.

Not too long ago, just as Zeke was starting to think he was getting somewhere and thought he would finally be able to get to Fiona, he had ran straight into a dead end.

Zeke was so furious that he had messed with one of Sergio's drug shipments. The truck full of drugs had burned down thanks to a gallon of gasoline and one simple match.

Thats why one of Sergio's men had been trying to kill Zeke that day in the alley. Sergio had told Zeke not to intervene with anything when they were first signing the handing over of Fiona with Mason. But Zeke hadn't listened and by messing with Sergio's deal, he had signed his own death warrant.

If Althea hadn't been there to save his ass that day, Zeke wouldn't be here living and breathing right now.

Having problems with one mafia boss and residing with another was a conundrum on its own.

"What do you want?" Zeke asked as he fought to keep his voice steady and calm.

"I had sent out your father to bring you in for a talk. Face to face. But what I heard was much more interesting." Sergio spoke with a slight Italian accent accompanying his words.

Zeke didn't contribute to the conversation and waited for Sergio to continue and get on with his point. The faster he voiced his demands and called out his threats, the sooner Zeke could end this call.

"Apparently you had company while you were visiting your house." Sergio said.

With that statement, Zeke finally started to understand what Sergio was getting at. This would not be good.

"There aren't that many people around this district that carries guns, have expert knowledge on fighting and look like business men. I'm betting my money on you having your loyalties with another mafia." Sergio said.