Chapter 12

Zeke was walking down the corridor towards the dining hall to serve Althea his dish

In his hands, he held a perfectly cooked salmon with seasoning and lemon sauce to give that tangy bit of taste to it.

Zeke was confident in his cooking abilities but his hands were still close to shaking and tipping over the plate.

He reached the double doors and with one hand, opened them.

At the end of the long table, in her usual spot, sat Althea in all of her beautiful glory. Zeke lowered his gaze to the ground but he could still feel her piercing eyes burning through him.

Zeke quietly walked over to Althea's side and then lowered the plate in front of her.

He then pulled the silver lid off of the plate, revealing his dish. Zeke turned her gaze to Althea's face to see her expression. It was frustratingly unemotional. He couldn't figure out her thoughts on his cooking and for some reason, he desperately needed her approval.

Althea turned her head away from the plate to look at Zeke and a smirk formed on her face. "Fish?" She asked, amusement clear in her tone.

Zeke nodded his head. "Fish."

Her smirk widened into a smile and Zeke was star-struck to see her full out smiling for the first time. Not grinning, not smirking but smiling.

And it was beautiful. God, she was beautiful.

Those full lips stretching into a smile, her eyes forming crows feet in the corners and her eyes sparkling...

The magical image of her smile quickly made its way past the guards, protecting the entry way to his heart and took permanent residency there. And Zeke couldn't find it in himself to try to erase that image because god knows it belonged there, in the centre of his heart.

"I should warn you before I try it, I don't particularly like fish." Althea said, snapping Zeke out of his daydream.

"Yeah. I know, Nia told me." Zeke said.

Althea's right brow arched in question and her eyes reflected her confusion. Zeke could almost read the question on her face, 'why did you make fish if you knew I didn't like fish?'.

"Well, I trust in my cooking abilities so much that I knew I could make you like eating fish." Zeke admitted. He was aware that he sounded a little bit egoistical at the moment but all his flaws seemed to rise to the surface when he was in the presence of the West Coast Mafia Boss.

Althea chuckled at his answer, clearly amused at his words, but didn't say anything.

She picked up the fork and the knife and gracefully cut a piece out of the salmon.