Kicking an old dusty sheet over the largest of the traps, her attention was drawn behind her. "Well well well...If it isn't the Kimbrell girl, Ashleigh.." Her gaze drifted to a male who looked to be in his late teens, his dusty brown hair covered in dirt and grime. Her eyes widened as her posture stiffened "Mason..." The boy smirked as his eyes faded to pitch black.

"Hello sister... It's been too long."

The brunette woman opened her mouth to speak, her voice trembling "You're... This can't be real...."

The boys eyes returned to their natural hazel hue as he smiled, stepping closer to the woman "I didn't think I'd need to bother with killing you back then. You were the weakest of the Kimbrell bloodline after all. Our parents tried so hard to shield you and little ol' me from this life. What good that did right?" He began circling the woman before leaning in and whispering into her ear "You're still so weak. You couldn't even save me. How could you just let me die?" the woman blinked back tears as the demon possessing her brother's body kicked her legs out from under her, forcing her to the ground "You were nothing then, and you're nothing now"

The woman yelled out softly as the possessed sibling sank a knife into her shoulder. Her attention shifted as she breathed out shakily, seeing Dean step into view, dropping the body of a dead woman onto the ground, yanking the demon knife from her chest. "Ashleigh... Listen to me, he's just trying to get in your head. That's not your brother... He's long gone." He raised his hands up, taking careful steps since she was still at the mercy of the demon controlling her brothers meatsuit.

Mason smirked slightly as he pulled the knife from the woman's shoulder "What does he know about me... let alone, you? I can't believe you'd trust someone like him, a Winchester nonetheless. I knew you were stupid but I didn't realize how stupid" he growled before kicking her in the side, earning a pained gasp to escape the woman. She placed her hands against the ground as her tears began to hit the concrete flooring below her. She was silent but she weakly began crawling away from the boy who just laughed at her efferts "it's sad really.. You had a lot of potential" he shook his head in mock disappointment before twisting his knife in his hand and stepping towards her. Deans eyes widened as he raced forward, yelling in protest.

Mason however, was unable to move any further, Dean hurried over to the brunette woman as she smiled shakily, kicking the sheet that covered the devils trap just enough for the demon to see "You're my bitch now..." She pulled away from Dean, slowly standing on her own two feet as she began the exorcism to cast out the demon inhabitting her dead sibling's body. A large cloud of smoke escaped through the ceiling and her brothers body dropped to the ground, crumbling to ash and dust. Once the ritual was complete, she exhaled, nearly toppling over before Dean's arms caught her. "Hey it's okay... I gotcha.."

"I'm fine.."

The older Winchester rolled his eyes and picked the woman up, carrying her outside to the impala "Its a good thing I tagged along huh?" He placed her in the front seat with a smirk as she smiled shakily "Don't push it Winchester..."

~*~

Once they got back to the hotel, Dean helped the woman inside and grabbed her a drink from the fridge "So.... Wanna talk about what happened tonight?" He opened her drink for her before handing it over to her as she took a seat on the bed. Her cold, trembling hand took hold of the bottle as she took a quick swig "Mason... He was my little brother. Him, as well as my parents died the year I graduated high school. I came home after some graduation party a friend threw and found them..."

She spoke solemnly as she remembered that horrible night, not even noticing the mattress sinking beside her as Dean sat beside the brunette. He rubbed the back of his neck, thinking about what to say before the woman shook her head "but hey... Everyone has to get into hunting somehow right...?" Dean was silent as he let her words float around in his head for a moment.

She was right, every hunter had some kind of story as to how they got sucked into the hunters life and it was never exactly pleasant. Upon hearing a sniffle to his side, he lifted his head to see tears hitting her cheeks. He didn't even think as his arms seemed to have a mind of their own and wrapped tightly around the woman just in time for her to break down. Her head was buried in his chest as she cried, it had been so long since she'd broke like this, years even. But seeing her brother's body being violated by a demon was enough to break her down.

Dean comforted her silently, rubbing her back as he rocked her, allowing her to cry it out. She needed this time to let out emotions she'd been burying for far too long. "I just don't want to be afraid anymore..." She sobbed out as Dean pulled her closer against him, clenching his jaw "I know.... I'm here. Its okay. You're okay" he spoke softly and before too long, the brunette had tired herself out and fallen asleep in his arms.

Dean looked down at her sleeping form, his eyes studying her features as he moved wet strands of hair off her face. He then carefully laid her down underneath the blankets, crawling in beside her and holding her gently. She was okay for now, but if she woke up, he wanted her to know that she was safe.

She wasn't alone, not anymore.

~*~

A.N.: Well... What do you guys think so far? Is Dean catching feelings or what?? What about the demon who was in Mason, do you think he'll be back later in the story? Tell me your thoughts. Love you guys! Until next week!