eight

"are you crazy? you're not even my boyfriend!" jisoo whispered on her phone.

since the walls of her bedroom were a bit thin, which means someone can easily eavesdrop with it, she answered him in the most quiet yet furious way. she wanted to make sure that no one could hear her.

"i am your boyfriend. well, fake boyfriend. tonight, you're introducing me to your parents whether you like it or not." jisoo literally froze, her mouth wide open.

"okay, i'll be going in now. bye!" three consecutive toots were what jisoo heard after the male ended the call.

'i'll be going in now,' this phrase kept repeating in jisoo's mind.

till it finally sunk into her.

"mom! dad!" jisoo hurriedly climbed down the stairscase. her heart was thumping like bass drums and she could feel the adrenaline rushing to her senses.

when she reached the bottom of the stairs, retreat filled her thoughts. she immediately felt like climbing up the stairs behind her and locking herself in her room.

there, in her family's living room, she saw taehyung sitting with her parents.

seeing taehyung with his usual rectangular smile made her blood boil as hot as lava.

"jisoo! why didn't you tell us about your boyfriend?" jisoo's dad, chanyeol, asked. he had his arms around taehyung's shoulder. taehyung, on the other hand, had this irritating smile stuck on his face.

hearing the word 'boyfriend' caused the blood in jisoo's head to concentrate on her cheeks, making it rosy pink.

"honey," sandara, her mom, called her in a serious tone, which made jisoo gulp several times.

"you have a lot of explaining to do."

"so taehyung, you're our daughter's boyfriend?" sandara queried, legs and arms crossed.

"i am."

"he's not."

jisoo and taehyung spoke in unison. confusion took over sandara's expression. her left brow soared to her forehead, implicitly begging to be enlightened.

taehyung looked at jisoo, his hands crawled to hers and grasped it. he squeezed her hand lightly.

he looked straight into her eyes but jisoo seemed to find it difficult to get what he wanted to say.

"excuse me, mr. and mrs. kim. i need to make a brief phone call to my parents," taehyung excused himself and left for the porch.

the living room became quiet the moment taehyung left.

busy on staring blankly at the ceiling, jisoo almost jerked when she suddenly felt her phone vibrating.

and again, taehyung was calling her.

"mom, dad, i'll just take this call. i'll be back." she stood up and went to their backyard. then, she accepted the call.

"what?" she asked the irksome male from the other line. all she wanted was a normal life far, far away from boys but sadly, fate is a bugger. now, she's in a very sticky situation.

"tell your parents that i'm your boyfriend." hearing the male's command triggered the female's outrage. she highly desired to go to their porch and strangle taehyung to death but the law wouldn't allow it. plus, her parents didn't raise her like that.

"why should i?" she forced herself to calm down. her parents would be weirded by her if they heard her shouting at her phone.

"i just saved your butt in school." true, but jisoo wasn't convinced. not at all.

"that ain't enough."

"i bought you chicken." another fact but jisoo still thinks it doesn't justify why she should do what he said.

"so?" she nonchalantly replied.

"and i will buy you more chicken if you tell your mom and dad that i'm your boyfriend."

"deal." it took seconds for her to realize what she just said.

"wait—you tricked me! i take back what i said! no deal! no deal!" she uttered childishly, making taehyung chuckle from the other line.

"no way, you said it. there's no turning back." jisoo was more annoyed by taehyung's seeming confidence. she heaved a sigh as she realized that taehyung won't let her slip from his hands.

"ugh, fine. but buy me lots of chicken everyday, okay?"

"that won't be a problem."

after they have wrapped up their agreement, jisoo ended the call. she took a big breath before entering their house.

when she got back at their living room, taehyung was already there. well, the porch is nearer to the living room after all.

she sat beside him on the couch that was placed parallel to the one her parents were sitting on. taehyung wrapped his arms around jisoo's shoulder and pulled her closer to him.

the male tapped her shoulder twice, cuing her to start with the introduction.

again, jisoo inhaled heavily as if it was the last breath she would take.

she forced a sweet smile to her parents beforing speaking.

"mom, dad, this is kim taehyung. my boyfriend."

loaDS OF HOMEWORKS
WAITING FOR MOI :(

happy new year, fam!
xoxo.

—raisha