~Chapter Twenty-Six~

Start from the beginning

     We quickly got down, to avoid being spotted, and crawled over to the center console where Pidge and Hunk were, and hide.

     "Should we go?" Keith whispers to us and I stay as quiet as possible as I try to focus on the sounds around us, to make sure no one was coming.

     "I just need a few more seconds." Pidge quietly mutters as she continues her endless typing.

      "Stay low you guys, we need this intel." Shiro intructs and we all silently give him nods for affirmations.

      Soon after though, a loud series of beeping sounds came from the console and a screen appeared. We quickly hid away from the line of sight and saw as a Galra soldier came into view on the screen. He gave a confused grunt and we all panically looked at each other, knowing he was waiting for someone to talk to him. Hunk then slowly crawled over to one of the defeated Galra guards and lifted it up to the screen, like a puppet. He gave the soldier a wave and the screen soon went off, as the soldier must have been satisfied with the response. We all gave out a sigh of relief and I jumped up and tackled Hunk into a hug.

     "You are literally the best person ever!" I exclaim but quickly get shushed by Keith's hand.

     "Alright the download is complete." Pidge quietly announces and Keith removes his hand from my mouth.

     "What's it say?" He quietly asks and I lean into Hunk in shyness due to my mess up.

     "It says...nothing. This place doesn't have any useful information, just a schedule of the ships coming in and out." Pidge sighed and we all stared at her in disbelief.

     "Hold on Pidge, do you know where that ship is heading?" Allura asks and Pidge begins typing to find out.

     "It's scheduled to be here for half an hour, then head back to central command." Pidge explains while looking down at her laptop.

     "That's where the heavy information we need is. And i'm gonna sneak aboard that ship, and get it for us." We all spin towards her and give her the most shocking of all looks she could ever get.

     "What?! No way!" Lance replies quickly and I frantically look around at the others.

     "How are you gonna get in there?" Keith questioned and Allura let out a laugh and removed her helmet with a smile.

     "I'm gonna walk right through the front." She closed her eyes and her skin began to change to a purple hue and she began to grow in height.

     We all watched her in awe and were completely speechless at the new trait we had discovered our host had.

     "How the heck were you able to do that?" Hunk finally asked after a long moment of silence.

     "Alteans have the ability to change their appearance to blend in with any population. It's the ability that made us great explorers and diplomats throughout our history." Allura explains and I look at her completely confused.

     "Wait, isn't that what....my....people....can do?" I ask and she looks down at me and shakes her head.

     "No, your species is so much more powerful than our own. Being able to change your appearance is just a small factor of your powers, and you have much more ability with your camouflage than us Alteans do." She explained and I stared at her in awe.

     "Really...?" I quietly mutter to myself.

     "So can you like turn into a balloon?!" Lance suddenly shouts out which scares me into backing into Shiro, who catches me with a sigh and smiles.

     "How many colors can you be at once?!" Pidge yells next and I now join Shiro in his sighs.

     "Aren't you afraid you'll rip your pants?" Hunk blurts out lastly and I release a giggle at their questions.

     "No. Just one at a time. And I will need a change of costume after this." Allura answers all of their questions and I let out a quiet giggle at her responses

     She then looks over to the knocked out guard and she points over to him.

     "I can use his uniform as a disguise." She states and Shiro steps forward.

     "I can't let you go in there alone." He says and Allura quickly spins towards him.

     "Excuse me?! I do not need your permission." Allura says all defensively and I get intimidated by her height and demeanor and duck behind Shiro once again, but he was unwavered by her defense.

     "It's too dangerous. I'm going in with you." Shiro states as he walks up to Allura with me still glued to his back.

     "You're just going to stick out." Allura blurts out.

     "You're going to need him princess. Shiro's hand is made from Galra tech. It's the only thing we have that will allow us to interface with their systems and get their intel. I can monitor the download remotely from here." Pidge explains and Allura releases a sigh after taking in what she had said and nods.

     "You guys better hurry if you want to get on." Hunk says while looking out at the ship and they both started to plan out their actions.

     I feel a strange pit in my stomach and start to feel antsy. As they planned out how Shiro would get in a crate I quickly stood up.

     "I want to go too!" I announce and everyone spins towards me in shock.

     "Wait (Y/n)...what?" Lance questions as I approach them with a newfound determination.

     "I want to go with them to get the info." I repeat and they gape at me.

    "No. (Y/n), why would you decide that." Shiro asks as he was about to climb into the crate.

     "I can help get the information. Pidge taught me how to do some programing and...I have a really bad feeling about this." I say the last part more quietly but Allura releases a sigh.

     "Get in." She says and everyone spins to her in disbelief.

     "What is with you guys today?!" Lance exclaims as I quickly climb into the cramped crate alongside Shiro.

     Pidge comes up to the crate before Allura closes it.

     "Are you sure about this?" She asks me and I give her a nod of reassurance and she releases a sigh.

     "Alright then good luck, and come back safe." She says before backing up and Allura places the top onto the crate.

     I hug my knees close to my chest as I face Shiro but must sit in between his legs for him to be somewhat comfortable. A blush crawls across my features and he lets out and awkward laugh.

     "Sorry, but it's the only way unless you want to sit in my lap." He jokes but my face grows even redder as I hide my face in my knees.

     He was about to say something and explain himself or apologize but stops when we felt the cart begin to move.

     "Hold on you two. The mission has begun." Allura says and we nod to each other as we ride in the cart to hopefully get some really good dirt on Zarkon.

     Heeeeeey my beautiful readers ☺️ I hope you enjoy the chapter! It's honestly kinda like a part one part two thing but idek 😅 well hey guys here's to a happy New Year! And let's hope that 2018 will be a great year! I'll see you guys....next year!......ha...haha....don't worry I'll leave now....ok see ya next weekend byyyyyye!
                                 💙