*End Flashback*

"Grace. Hey. You ok?" I saw a hand in front of my face and jumped. "Yeah, sorry. I... I don't think I can go on the tour anymore. I'm so sorry. Thank you for all you've done. I just.. can't hurt your family anymore." I walked out of the room and down the stairs before she could catch me. I opened the front door and walked out. I didn't even know where I was heading at like 5:30 in the morning, in Greenville, on top of all that. I just kept walking until I found a barn. It was a small pink barn with cute designs on the sides. I didn't know what I was doing. I just opened the doors and walked in. I saw a sign that said "Romeo" but thought nothing of it. I was not right in my mind, I was so tired and upset.

I sat down in front of the stall and put my head in my hands. I had no idea what to do, and Kimberly was worrying on top of that. I really should go back. But where is back? I just sat there and started to cry. I felt a nose tap me on the top of the head. looking up, I saw a brown nose, it nuzzled my own nose. I stood up and petted the horse, the horse nuzzled my hand and then my cheek. I loved horses, and had had one at my parent's house before college.

I stayed like that for a while. "I knew I would find you here." I jumped. I felt someone sit down next to me. Looking over, I saw none other than Miranda Lambert sitting next to me! "How did you know where I'd be?" I asked slowly, afraid she'd get mad.

"Well, you're from the south and you looked like you'd ride horses. And I knew you couldn't've gone far." She smiled. I noticed a bag with her. "So why don't you tell me what happened?" She smiled gently.

"You're in a pretty chipper mood for someone at 6am. How'd you get here, anyway? I figured that you'd be in Oklahoma... Not worrying about me." I cast my eyes downward. I thought she'd have forgotten me by now.

"I worry about you every day. And well, I've come with a gift. I also fell asleep at your house after playing with BlackJack. Hope you don't mind." I smiled a bit. She opened her bag and brought out a mason jar with dark brown and reddish liquid.

"Take a sip." She said, twisting off the cap of the mason jar. I nodded and drank a sip, it tasted like vanilla and a hint of mint with lemon. "What's in this?" I asked. "Well, tea, lemon, and you know, fireball." I choked on the next sip I took.

"Uh.. What!?" I asked. I turned to see Miranda bright red with laughter. "Do ya really think I'd bring you alcohol, let alone drink n drive? What am I? A redneck?" We both laughed. "Well, I suppose I am. But that's not all we do... We'll it's a big majority.... Bringing you alcohol I mean, cause you definitely seem like the party kid." I laughed harder. Clearly she was kidding. After my ex threatening me, I had played it safe and hung out only with my closest friends.

"Drink some more." She smirked. "Well, now that that startling fact is out, sure, no problem!" We laughed. I hadn't laughed this much in a while. "I would tell you, but it's my momma's secret recipe. It has no alcohol in it. I was just messin with ya. It's tea."

I drank about half of it. I began to feel a warm and calming sensation come over my body. "Now, that's relaxin tea. So, tell me what happened? Kimberly has been worried sick about you. It's like you're her child. But you couldn't be, she woulda told me." I laughed, "not unless she had me when she was like 13...." Miranda smiled at my comment.

I sighed. I had escaped from my problems a bit, but now I had to return to them. "I was telling her about my insane ex. And remembered something he said. And.... I just freaked. I didn't know what else to do. I ran, I didn't want to see anyone get hurt and now I've ruined an awesome friendship over it. I'm such an awful person." I put my head in my hands and rubbed my face.

"Wait. What did he say? And oh honey, you're not a terrible person! You had good intentions!" She hugged me. "He... Never-mind. I don't wanna say." She looked at me and I could see the fire and hatred in her eyes. "Where is he? I'm gonna smoke that little rat out." She snarled.

I realized then that there were two sides to Miranda. One was a quiet, nice, and funny side, the other was mean as hell and kinda funny. This was just the fire to fuel the furnace. "I'll kill em. I may be a nice person, but if anyone hurts my friend, they're goin down." I flinched at the word "kill."

"What's wrong?" She asked me. Before I could reply, her phone rang. I sat against the stall, my nose facing upward. I could hear yelling in the background: "Kimberly! What did you do? Where is she!?" Reid and Neil were panicking. "Guys, stop! Cut it out. She's ok, I found her. It wasn't your sister's" She looked at me, "Or anyone's fault. Just be happy she's safe and uh Romeo found a new friend." Miranda smiled above my head. Romeo was trying to lick my nose with his long tongue! I carefully and painfully stood up.

"Hey, buddy!" I realized then that I was in the Perry's barn! I was so embarrassed and nervous for what Kimberly was gonna say. I petted Romeo's face in thought. I hadn't gone far, but it seems like I had, probably because of my limp. "So, are we done runnin away?" Miranda asked me right next to my ear. I jumped. "Yes, I think so. God, I feel like such a coward. Is she mad?" Miranda took her sweet time to answer. "She... she's a bit confused right now, maybe a bit upset, but overall, she sounded terrified." Miranda said. "So, yes, she's mad." I said, I hated myself so much right now.

I sat down and for some reason, started to cry. "Hey, it's alright. I think if you just tell her what's wrong, she'll understand. Just be glad that she called me to find you, and she didn't find you first!" Miranda smiled crookedly. "Yeah. I'm just confused and scared right now. I don't know what to think. I'm scared my ex is gonna come back, and that the man that tried to kill both of us will come back." I couldn't meet Miranda's eyes. She tipped my chin up with her finger.

"Look at me. Don't try to hide from me, or you'll see the hell rasin' side of me. What did he do to you? Where is that snake now?" I looked into her eyes and sighed, "Fine." I leaned back a bit from her, into the stall and raised my long bangs that I had always had strung over to that one side, hiding what even stitches couldn't hide. The big ugly scar was there, running down my forehead. She gasped, "Where is he? Where the hell is that man!?" She snarled, she had turned into an insane woman before my eyes. "I'll tear him apart. Where is he!?" I guess my scar looked pretty bad to her. I also had an old cigarette burn on one of my arms, he said it was an accident, after we had first met. "He came to my room, trashed it and....and threatened to kill anyone that I got close to!" I started to bawl. "I called the cops, but I don't know where he is now!" Miranda put an arm around me, her rigid form going calm, "It'll be ok. I promise. Now, is this why you're scared?" She had a very calm and mommaish voice. "Yes." Was all I could say. "Tell Kimberly, you have to. She'll understand. Do you want me to tell her?"

"N..no. I'll have to tell her." I said, crying harder. "Hey, it's ok! I'll make sure that you're safe. Neither one of them will get to you. Before ya leave today, I'll teach ya how to shoot." I smiled, wiping my tears. "Alright, I'll take up your offer." I heard the squeak of the barn door. I knew it was Kimberly. Shaking, I slowly turned around and faced her.