29-The Black Paladin

We arrive back at the ship, guilt still consuming me. I don't want to face Coran... his face when we tell him...

"Pidge, scan the download from the ship," Shiro says, taking off his helmet. "Find out where Zarkon's central command is."

"On it," Katie replies and gets started almost immediately.

"What happened? Where's Allura?" Coran says frantically.

"They captured her. She sacrificed herself to save us and the information. We didn't have the choice," Shiro says.

"How is that possible?" Coran replies in anger.

"Coran, I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but we can't focus on what went wrong. We've got to figure out how to make it right. Pidge, anything?" Shiro went on.

"Guys, look at this," she replies pulling up pictures of the ship(?).

"Look at the size of it!" Coral exclaims.

"I think we should go in right away---" Katie began.

I couldn't stop thinking about how she could've been saved. Am I going to have to fly the ship? I don't know what we're going to do...

As all my thoughts swirled, my nails dig into my palm, them starting to break the skin. My breathing increasing and my chest heavy.

"No! They lost Allura!" Coran shouted, breaking through my thoughts.

That's when my heart shattered. Hunk began to say words, but I couldn't hear them.  My heart was pounding and my vision was darkening. It was slowly getting more and more difficult to breathe.

"He's right," they turned to me. "Shiro, you were doing all you can. But I--- I could've done more... I'm sorry," I said, turning and stumbling out of the room.

I entered a vision, causing my breath to hitch and pick up in pace more than it already has.

"Allura," I breathed out, scrambling to get to her. My chest and brain were on fire. I couldn't see anything in my peripheral. 

I could hear mumbling as I held Allura's face in my hands.

I could see a large outline of Zarkon.

"NO!" I screamed," Go away! Leave her be!" I cried out  as Haggard picked her up with her magic and dropped her to the ground. I hovered in front of her in protective instinct.

"This is my fault," I began to sob. My heart wouldn't stop racing. The agony in my chest brought me to my knees as I tried to stop the ringing that rang through my ears the darkness that was spreading.  "Allura," I gasped out as there was nothing more but darkness.

"Kiona? Quiznack!" I heard a faint shout through all the ringing. There was a bright light, and then, there was darkness. I woke up in the infirmary feeling woozy.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You hyperventilated during a panic attack," someone spoke, causing me to whip around.

"Oh... I didn't cause any trouble, did I? I'm so sorry...," I began to rub my arm.

"No, not at all," Keith replied. "You should have told us though that you were having anxiety issues again. You should have told me," he said.