ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ ⋆ ʙᴏᴏ!

It had been almost a week since the theme park incident, and Chan had been avoiding Soonyoung at all costs. It was extremely hard to avoid him considering that they were not only in the same group, but in the same sub-unit. Yet, somehow, Chan managed to do it. 

The trip to the theme park was on Sunday. On Monday Chan faked being sick so he could stay at the dorm the entire day. He knew he couldn't do that two days in a row or the members would get worried, so on Tuesday he claimed his leg was hurting a lot and he couldn't dance. He practiced rapping with the hip-hop unit that day instead of practicing choreography; after all he was a lead rapper. Hansol, the only person who had any suspicions of Chan's feelings toward Soonyoung, was unfortunately in the hip-hop unit, but spending the day with Hansol was a better alternative to spending the day with Soonyoung, so Chan took the opportunity. 

By Wednesday he was running out of excuses to avoid training with the performance team, so he had to start lying big-time. He told Sungcheol in the morning that his mother was sick and, not living too far from the dorm, he visited his parents, telling them he had two days off. 

He stayed with his parents for Wednesday and Thursday and he quickly realized that he was spiraling out of control over something stupid and small. 

This is ridiculous, he told himself. I've skipped training for four days in a row over absolutely nothing. Being trapped in the elevator was scary. Soonyoung hyung comforted me so I wouldn't be scared. Being so close to someone made me feel uncomfortable and I imagined that uncomfortable feeling to be something much different. I don't even like guys and I most definitely do not like Kwon Soonyoung as anything more than a close friend. 

He felt much better after giving himself a mental pep-talk, and he decided to head back to the dorm early Friday morning. He arrived just as practice was starting and he walked into the recording studio to find the vocal team rehearsing for their upcoming song "Pinwheel." He walked in during Jisoo's solo and Jisoo instantly stopped singing as all their eyes shot to Chan. Jihoon glared at him and pointed to the door. 

"Sorry hyung but... where am I supposed to be?" Chan asked him. 

"You would know if you were here this morning..." Jihoon grumbled. "Or yesterday, or the day before..." I guess someone didn't get a good night sleep. Jihoon's acting even more grumpy than usual.  

"I told Sungcheol hyung before I left, my mother was si-" He started to lie, but Jeonghan interrupted. 

"Go to the dance studio. Junhui, Minghao and Soonyoung are going over the choreography for Lilili Yabbay." 

Chan felt himself tense up at the mention of Soonyoung's name, but he ignored his own reaction and bowed to Jeonghan. "Thank you hyung. Sorry for disrupting you all."  He started to leave the recording studio when Jeonghan called out for him. 

"Chan, wait!" Chan stopped in his tracks and turned back around to see a grin creeping across Jeonghan's face. "Who's baby are you?" 

"Hyung, do I have to?" Chan said in a whiny voice.'

"Yes you do. Until you're 30. Now who's baby are you?" 

Chan sighed and rolled his eyes slightly. "Jeonghan's baby..." he mumbled.  

"I couldn't hear you," Jeonghan smirked. 

"Jeonghan hyung's baby," Chan said louder. Jeonghan laughed and Chan couldn't help but laugh along a bit. 

"That's right. Now you may go." Jeonghan waved at him and Chan bowed one more time before heading to the dance studio. 

As Chan approached the dance studio he could feel his heartbeat speeding up. He reached for the door handle and realized his hand was trembling. What's happening to me??  He took a deep breath and peeked in the window. He saw Junhui and Minghao sitting down talking to each other and drinking from their water bottles. He scanned the room for Soonyoung but couldn't find him. He was so focused on trying to find Soonyoung that he didn't hear the quiet footsteps approaching him until someone grabbed his shoulders. 

"Boo!" they shouted. 

"Ahhh!" Chan screamed and jumped away from the person behind him, bumping into the wall. The person was already on the floor laughing. Chan could instantly tell who it was by his bright red hair. His eyes widened. 

"Yah! H-Hyung you scared me!" He shouted at the older boy who was shaking with laughter. 

"I-I'm s-sorry I...I couldn't help it...your reaction was p-priceless!" Chan pouted and kicked Soonyoung playfully. 

"Not funny." 

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Soonyoung stood up and took a few deep breathes to pull himself together. Chan had spent the past few days preparing himself for coming in contact with Soonyoung again and he had convinced himself that nothing was out of the ordinary and that seeing him wouldn't stir up any possible feelings. He had gotten to the point where thinking about Soonyoung didn't make him feel any different, but seeing his face again was a whole different story. 

God, why did this boy have to be so cute? His soft, red hair was pushed back from him running his hands through it and it fell into his face slightly, perfectly framing his adorable smile and bright eyes. Soonyoung was still catching his breath when worry washed over his face. 

"Oh my god I forgot to ask! How is your mother? Is she okay?" Right, his mother. Chan had completely forgotten that he had to keep up the act. 

"O-Oh yeah...she's fine! Don't worry she's t-totally fine." Why am I stuttering?? Stop stuttering, Chan. What's wrong with you?  

"I'm glad to hear that. I was worried when you left, I thought she might be badly ill. I missed you, too." Soonyoung smiled and pulled Chan into a hug. Chan's eyes widened and he stiffened up. Shit. Soonyoung is hugging me. What do I do?  He quickly came to his senses. Hug him back, of course! You're such an idiot, you're drawing suspicion to yourself. Chan laughed awkwardly and hugged Soonyoung back. 

"Haha yeah... I-I missed you too. A-And Minghao and Junhui hyung, and e-everyone else, of course. I-I missed all of you." Stop talking. You're making things worse. Soonyoung chuckled and let go of Chan. 

"Let's go practice! Junhui hyung and Minghao are probably wondering why I'm taking so long to go to the bathroom," Soonyoung laughed. God, his laugh is so perfect. Just like hi- wait, what am I saying?? What's wrong with me? Chan dug his nails into the palms of his hands to stop himself from thinking about Soonyoung, and he nodded at the older boy's suggestion to going into the practice room. 

"Y-Yeah, let's go practice. I-I just need a minute out here..." Soonyoung gave him a slightly concerned look. 

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. 

"Of course! I-I'm fine. I just need to... get a d-drink." Chan forced a smile and Soonyoung seemed satisfied with his answer. 

"Alright, well don't take too long! I've been stuck by myself with those two for the past few days and they're flirting constantly, it's pretty awkward being the third wheel," Soonyoung motioned inside at the two other members of the performance team and laughed. Chan laughed with him and tried to ignore the fact that Soonyoung had the most perfect laugh he'd ever heard. 

"Haha...I-I won't take too long, hyung." Chan quickly responded. Soonyoung ruffled Chan's hair and flashed his gorgeous smile. As he passed Chan to enter the practice room he let fingers trail from his head down his arm, lingering on his hand for a moment before he walked into the room. As Soonyoung's fingers brushed over Chan's skin he felt goosebumps forming on his arm and a shiver ran down his spine. The strange feeling of butterflies returned to his stomach and it came with a new feeling, which was subtle, some sort of heat from his... was it his lower stomach? He couldn't tell but he didn't like it. 

Chan sprinted away from the practice room to the water fountain and splashed the cold water in his face, running his hands through his hair and taking deep breathes to calm himself down. What is happening to me? 

strange feelings  》 soonchanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें