ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ ⋆ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

Chan had immediately recognized the voice before it's owner revealed themselves, and he stopped squirming and let them back hug him.

"W-Why...?" Chan murmured. He wasn't sure why Soonyoung was doing this and he didn't want to seem like a baby who needed someone to calm him down. On the other hand, he wasn't sure why, but all he wanted was to curl up with Soonyoung and let him cuddle him and comfort him. He tried to push the thought out of his head, though.

"You're hyperventilating," Soonyoung whispered against his skin, "Calm down, okay? Nothing will happen while I'm here, I promise." Chan nodded as Soonyoung's hot breath in his ear sent shivers down his spine, and after a few seconds his relaxed into Soonyoung's arms. But when the silence returned, Chan felt panic rise in his chest again.

"H-Hyung, what if the elevator f-falls?" Chan whispered, his voice shaky. He tried to stop thinking about how scared he was, but the more he tried to stop thinking of it the more he thought about it and he was at the point where if Soonyoung's arms weren't around him he would be in tears. "The elevator c-could fall and we could all d-die. H-Hyung we're going to d-die" Chan felt tears rolling down his cheeks that he couldn't control anymore. He kept his crying silent but his nervous heavy breathing was loud.

Soonyoung stayed calm and what he did surprised Chan. He pulled the younger into his lap, turning him to the side slightly so he was laying against his chest. Chan stiffened up at the closeness but as soon as he felt his hyung's arms around him he relaxed and hugged Soonyoung's waist as he closed his eyes. Soonyoung could feel Chan shaking and he brought his hand to Chan's face and wiped his tears away.

"Shhh don't cry baby. It's not going to fall. I'm here to protect you." Soonyoung stroked his hair as his continued whispering soothing words to him, and Chan's breathing slowed as he felt himself calming down. It took him a moment to register what Soonyoung had called him. He scrunched his face in confusion, trying to figure out why the older had done that, and why it felt so natural. Was he just calling him baby to calm him down? Or was he calling him baby because of the age difference, because he thought of him as a baby? Or did he let the word slip by accident?

Soonyoung could sense Chan's tenseness and kissed the top of his head, thinking he was still nervous about the elevator. But this only made Chan more tense, getting confused about the position they were in. He had never thought of his hyung as anything more than a friend, or of any guy as more than a friend for that matter. He had only ever been attracted to girls, so why was he getting this weird feeling in his stomach? Was it just a stomachache? He settled for that answer for a few moments before rethinking when Soonyoung started rubbing circles into his arm with his thumb and the feeling got worse. He wracked his brain for what he could be feeling in his stomach and then it hit him. He tried to push the thought away but once it had crossed his mind, the feeling became unmistakable.

It was butterflies. He was feeling butterflies in his stomach every time Soonyoung touched him. His instinct was to pull away until he figured out the new feeling and why it was happening when he was close to his hyung, but having Soonyoung's arms around him and being pressed against his chest calmed him down, and he was worried that if Soonyoung let him go he would start crying again. So he suppressed his concerns and ignored any thoughts about this being weird. He let himself enjoy the moment and he relaxed again, snuggling closer to Soonyoung, who took this as a sign of Chan being comfortable and he leaned back against the wall, resting his head on the younger's head. Chan's breathing had slowed but his heart was still pounding, despite the fact that any worries regarding the elevator had long ago been pushed out of his mind.