I asked him where my car was and he said it was my car. That gave me a brief moment of confusion, I blinked, looking at the car and it's not mine. I freaking use a Corolla.

"No, this is not my car. Cy, where's my car?" I asked again, losing every amount of patience I have.

Cyrus simply shrugged, "Your girlfriend came around with some other guy who told me that this will be your car from now on."

"I'm sorry?" I asked, that is way out of line and it's very far from the answer I expected. My girlfriend with some other guy?! And they replaced my car?!

"I don't know. They just left the note." Cyrus pointed to a note inside the car, there's a sticky note along with it and now I've just confirmed that this must be Taylor's doing. The other guy, I've no idea who that is.

Which leads me to the question, "How am I going to get that? I haven't got a key."

"The lady told me about a walking doll in your basement."

Shit. Taylor, what the hell?!

I have no idea what pushed Taylor to do this but I'm going to have a talk with her. I am very tired because of my trips and now, this is what I have to face?! She couldn't have said something?!

"Right. Uh, thanks Cy." I almost ran away but I stopped myself. "Cy, does the other lad have auburn hair and green eyes?" I asked since he's the only one Taylor could have teamed up with.

"I'm not sure about the eyes, Harry but yeah, kinda."

Good God!

Once I got to my place, I opened the trap door leading to the basement, praying that Taylor didn't leave anything creepy. . . but with the walking doll, creepy is probably what I should expect. I cautiously moved down the stairs, flipping the switch to turn the lights on. It mostly revealed how I left it, the neat yet dusty shelves, the couch near the middle, the unopened toys around.

Alright, where's the walking doll?

I've never been much of a fan of dolls, especially the ones that move on their own yet to solve the mystery Taylor left behind, I have to forget about that. Looking around the basement, I started listening for tiny sounds or movements, feeling like I'm in a horror movie. The hair at the back of my neck already rose up and the unshattered silence is not making it easier for me.

Then I heard the tiny footsteps. I followed where the sounds were coming from and when I found the doll, it had a key taped to its hand. I lifted it up and turned it off, I don't want it talking or walking. I just want the key. Taylor even left a note saying,

First challenge finished. Victory???? Happy New Year.

I love Taylor, but this is one of those times when I'd question what the hell is with her I found irresistible.

I'm certain of one thing though, this is not my Baby Alive Wanna Walk doll. It's tan and got green eyes with hair in pig tails. Mine was blonde and kind of white. . . carrying the doll in one hand, leaving it hanging in the air as I walk, I made my way to my shelves and fair enough, the doll I bought, the Wanna Walk doll was definitely still unboxed so this has got to be Taylor's doll. I'm going to have to put it back in her apartment later. I'm not keeping a walking doll in my place when it's already unboxed.

Then I went out, realising that my sole focus wasn't about the doll, it was about the car Taylor and —probably— Franco came up with. I opened the car door and took the note from the inside and all that's written in the note is for me to dial a certain number whereas the sticky note just says "surprise."

I dialled the number, feeling only desperation to know why my car disappeared and got replaced by a Land Cruiser. Not that I was against the car, it looked great added by its black rims. It should be Franco. If it's not him, I might go insane.