[ 12 ]

AN ENDING ISN'T
ALWAYS A HAPPY ONE
▶ LIKE WE USED TO - THE ROSE

          Both Mi-so and Jungkook are still at the rooftop, chatting and teasing each other. Each time, Jungkook would spare a glance at her due to his never ending worries. After a long chat, Mi-so has finally decides to go back to her ward,  which makes he relieves- because at least, she finally gets to rest in a comfortable feeling.

Before they both stand up, Jungkook holds onto his backpack and unzips it before taking out a book that he wraps with a brown plain wrapper, "Here" the guy passes her the book.

"What's this?" she asks as curiosity takes over.

"Unwraps it then you'll know" he points at what she's holding.

With that, her hand unwraps the wrapper and slowly reveals the book that she lost weeks ago. Her face lighten up by the sight of her favourite book, she lifts it up and looks at him, "Where did you get this? As far as I remember, this one is short in stock"

He tilts his head to the side and playfully hums, "It's a secret".

A huge smile can be seen on her face but then, it fades away; Jungkook notices the change and it worries him,  he sits up straight, "Why? Do you feel sick"

"Is this perhaps, the one that I lose it and you somehow found it so you wrapped to make it look new?" Mi-so squints her eyes and furrows her eyebrows, making him to scoff and chuckle at the same time, he then replies to her sudden accusation, "Does yours have this?" Jungkook flips the cover open and the sight of supportive yet short message appears.

She squints her eyes even more, "You probably write it down before you wrap it". He scoffs again, "Jang Mi-so, I know books well. The pages would turn into yellow-ish if it's old enough. Look, the pages are still in white-ish colour and the covers are still clean". The girl laughs, "Alright alright" she then lifts the book up and smiles "Thank you".

"Anything, anytime" he smiles too.

|||

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow" Jungkook has his hand cups the back of his neck as he stands in front of Mi-so. He never stops giving her a smile so she won't feel that sad.

Mi-so leans on the pole and hums, "Good luck with you studies".

"You should too. Come back and study with me so we can pass our finals together".

Hearing that makes the girl to heave a sigh, but not so obvious. She doesn't want to make him worry all the time. Mi-so nods, "Of course I will".

Jungkook holds out his pinky finger and motions it to her, "Promise?". With a big assuring smile on the girl's face, she locks her pinky finger with his, "Promise!" she repeats with her high pitched voice.

Once they pull their fingers away, Jungkook holds his hands and hide them behind his back. On the other hand, Mi-so is standing there while sometimes trying to avoid his eyes. Clearing her throat, she once again lifts the book she gets from him earlier and grins, "Thanks again, for this".

He snorts then moves his hands so they are both in the pocket of his school pants, "It's nothing big" he says then pauses, as awkward silence trying to take over, he quickly beams, "I'll see you tomorrow then. Do you have anything you want? I can get it for you tomorrow while I'm on way seeing you."