Pt. 3 | what once was could never be | {Link x Reader x Sidon}

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

¡C H A P T E R   W A R N I N G S!
Brief mentions of self-deprecating thoughts
Mentions of problems with memory loss
Brief mentions of a mild sexual fantasy
Mentions of a life-threatening injury
Brief mentions of trauma
Unhealthy Relationships
Post-Calamity Ganon
Game Spoilers
Dark Themes
Heavy Angst
Violence
Drama

✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

Author's Note: Wow, we're almost at the endgame now! Next chapter is the last for this mini-series, and I don't think y'all are going to be ready for it. ;) Enjoy the angst! (Also, I apologize if some of this chapter is awkwardly phrased/written, I came back to this part so many times to work on it that it became hard to keep track of where I was at. Feel free to point out mistakes so I can fix them!)
✸ ⊱ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ⊰ ✸

     Link never painted himself as a hero. Really, he accomplished what was needed of him as a result of a binding obligation that was cruelly pressed upon him without his permission or regard— nevertheless, he had no personal opinion about saving Hyrule Kingdom or a self-sacrificing princess, however noble her intentions... Well, that was what he told himself at the beginning.

He will always remember his short adventure atop the Great Plateau's sprawling landscape because of all his chaotic running and unstable tumbling about. It was a... struggle awakening practically nude, no memories accounted for, or any direction to follow except for a dead king demanding that he save his daughter from the dark clutches of an ancient evil that was terrorizing every inch of Hyrule... Suffice to say, Link was horribly and unequivocally lost.

He wandered aimlessly and helplessly through Hyrule Kingdom, until he came across you.

You were a magnificent sight to behold— your incandescent (e/c) irises were unwaveringly beautiful, dappled with a hard-edged determination that sent his once steady pulse hammering, their effortless luminescence reminding him of how pretty jewels twinkled constantly and your healthy skin glowed as if infused with droplets of celestial starlight. Looking at you dredged up unfamiliar feelings of protectprotectprotect, and the overpowering urge to gently embrace you was brutally stomped down by him. That particular impulse was entirely involuntary, but otherwise, there was no denying he was enamored, it was a useless endeavor. He soon learned that you were also irresistibly charming in so many different ways that made his pounding heart bleed like it had been unforgivingly struck with a sledgehammer— he finally felt something other than that wallowing, hollow emptiness —which he did not understand, but that mattered little at that time. He had a visible friend and he was infinitely happy for small miracles, so he didn't push his luck concerning what your backstory was or where you originally hailed from— he was extraordinarily patient and respectful of your rather obvious boundaries. Instead of being intrusive, he carefully focused on what he gleaned through meticulous observations as you were an intriguing mystery that wanted to remain unsolved. What you were willing to show him was interesting for multiple reasons, you were decidedly a charismatic young woman and a bright ray of sunshine that was in the same predicament as he, knowing nothing of who you were. Yet, you still had a commendable ability to warmly smile at him throughout your perilous journey together— through rain and shine, your angelic smiles rarely faltered when aimed at him. Your charm rarely proved unsuccessful when someone was faced with the entirety of your charisma.