chapter nine

I run up to the tower to find Edmund playing with the flashlight

I run up to the tower to find Edmund playing with the flashlight. Tossing it into the air.

"What are you doing?" I ask. He jumps and turns to me.

"You scared me." he exclaims.

"Sorry."I giggle completely forgetting our situation,

"I thought you went to go find The others."

"I did find them, and Caspian done something incredibly stupid." I tell him, "you might not want to do that so close to the edge."

"Why?"

"Because you might-" he tosses it into the air as a scream sounds through the night. The flash light hits his hand, tumbling to the balcony below us, "- drop it"

We make our way down the small set of stairs leading to the window a few feet above the balcony. The guard picks the flash light and turns it on. we quickly hide before it hits us. The sound of a bell starts to ring through my ear and I silently curse. The guard moves the light around. that's going to confuse the others. Edmund looks at me then down to the guards.

"Edmund don't" I warn

"I've got to." he tells me. I sigh and then nod. He jumps from the ledge and lands on the guards back. The guard turns around and swings his sword at him.

"Edmund look out!" I exclaim. He blocks his sword with his own and they begin to battle. I jump down from the ledge, ready to shot the guard but another guard comes up from behind me and knocks my bow out of my hands. I look up at his smirking face. I get and arrow from my quiver and dodge his blow.

"Now Ed! Signal the troops!" I hear Peter shout.

"I'm a bit busy Pete." Edmund shouts back. I duck down and stab the arrow in the guards knee. He screams and backs up. Grabbing the sword from his hands, I stab him in his gut and push him off the balcony. I turn to Ed and watch him bend down and pick the flashlight up. Bringing it upwards, her hits the guard with it twice, knocking him out. The light disappears and I can hear Him lightly curse at himself.

"C'mon!" Ed urges. I grab the flashlight and hit it hard with my hand. The light appears and I smile. I quickly blink it on the wall beside the torch.

"CHAARGE!" I hear the leader of the centaurs shout, followed by stomping and screaming.

"FOR NARNIA!" Peter shouts and I turn to Ed.

"Let's go." I say. He nods and we begin to clim onto the roof after I picked up my bow. We crawl over to two guards with crossbows. Edmund and I look at each other and nod. We slide down and knock the two guards over the edge. I make eye contact with Peter.

"Ed, Anna!" He shouts at us. I look beside me and notice all the guards with crossbows staring at us. Awesome.

Ed grabs my arm and drags me into the small tower room beside us. He pulls us to the ground and shuts the door, covering myself with his body. I hear Arrows make contact with the door and look at him

"You alright?" He asks. I quickly nod and we stand up. Making our way to the other side of the room, we exit through the other door and they break through the first one. He shuts the door and uses the flashlight to lock it. I look around to be faced with nothing. I look over the edge and mentally scream.

"Now what?" I ask. He looks over the edge and his face turns to one of horror. The guards begin to pound on the door. I don't think the flashlight will hold them. Edmund puts me behind him and I look behind me and smile at the sight.

"Edmund, do you trust me?" I ask.

"Of course I do" he says, "but nows not the time to discuss this."

I roll my eyes at him. The guards break through the door and look behind me once more and I wrap my arms around Edmunds waist and fall backwards. He screams and we land on one of the many phoenix's back. He stops screaming and we take off flying.

"We could have died!" He shouts at me.

"But we didn't." I tell him. He sits up and brings me with him. I wrap my arms tighter around his waist. We fly above the castle and look at our men on the ground. I hide my face in Edmund back. I knew this plan wouldn't work.