chapter seven

We walk down the path covered in flower petals

We walk down the path covered in flower petals. Everyone is talking to each other about one thing or another. I listen to Trumpkin talk to the dwarfs as I walk beside Lucy.

"So? What are they like?" One of the dwarfs ask him.

"Malcontents, complainers, stubborn as mules in the morning." Trumpkin tells him.

"So you like them then." The same one says.

"Well enough." I smile at his words. We approach a large field with ruins on the other side of it. We start our journey across the field.

"You're awfully quiet." I nudge him lightly, "What's up?"

"Just thinking really." He turns to look at me.

"About what?" I question.

"About this girl." My hearts jumps at his words.

"What about her."

"Well, I'm trying to figure out if she likes me or not." He tells me, "And before you ask, no. I'm not telling who the girl is."

"Oh come on Ed, you can trust me." I shove him lightly.

"That's not why I'm not telling you." He smirks at me. I roll my eyes at him.

We reach the ruins and walk up to the top. Centaurs line up and at the same time they get their swords out of their holders, holding them above their heads. One by one, they point their swords at each other, angling them to create a point. The five of us immediately start walking down the path. A few second later the others start following. Edmund grabs my hand and we smile at each other. We walk through the door to where all the Narnians are working.

"It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible." Caspian tells us. We stop and turn to look at him.

"Peter. You may want to see this." Susan calls out.We walk over to her and Peter grabs a torch along the way. Peter shines the light from the torch at the wall to reveal drawings of five people.

"It's us." I state.

"What is this place?" Lucy asks Caspian.

"You don't know?" Caspian questions. When no one answers him, he grabs the other torch and walks by us and him and Peter lead us through the tunnel. We walk through the tunnel and Edmund lets go of my hand to grab another torch off the wall. He walks back over to me and grabs my hand again. We walk down a few stairs and stop. Caspian lowers his torch and fire spreads across the gold walls. The cracked stone table can be seen and that's when I realize where we are. I stare at the picture of Aslan on the wall.

This is the stone table. The exact one Aslan sacrificed himself for Ed, but came back to life because of the magic within it. Edmund and I share a look as Lucy walks over to the stone table and puts her hand on it. We follow her over to it.

"He must know what he's doing." Lucy says turning to look at us.

"I think it's up to us now." Peter tells her. Edmund squeezes my hand and my stomach does front flips. I really need to talk to him about us.

Caspian quickly gathers his soldiers into the room containing the stone table. I climb up onto the stone table and sit in one side while Lucy occupies the other. Once everyone is in the room Peter begins to speak.

"It's only a matter of time." He begins, "Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle."

"What do you propose we do, your majesty?" Reepicheep asks

"We need to get ready for it."

"To start planning...." Peter and Caspian say at the same time. Peter gives Caspian a look and he lightly nods.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter continues.

"That's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle." Caspian tells him.

"There's always a first time." Peter says smugly.

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin continues.

"But we have the advantage here!" Caspian argues.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan inputs as she walks a few feet to stand beside Caspian.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." Trufflehunter says.

"Look." Peter starts, ignoring Trufflehunters comment, " I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb."

"Yeah, and if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out." Edmund buts in. He has a point. Both sides have good points, actually.

"We could collect nuts!" One of the squirrels exclaims.

"Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines!" Reepicheep says sarcastically, "Shut up!" He commands the poor squirrel before turning to Peter, "I think you know where I stand, sire."

Peter looks around before his eyes land on one of the centaur, " If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" He asks.

The centaur looks at Caspian with a sorrow expression before saying, "or die trying, my liege."

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy mutters.

"sorry?" Peter turns to her.

"Well, you're all acting like there's only two options." I begin, "Dying here, or dying there."

"I'm not sure you two have been listening." Peter says.

"No, you're not listening." Lucy argues, " Or have you forgotten who really defeated the white witch,Peter?"

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." He says turning his back to us and walking away,causing me to sigh.