Hunger Games - New Dawn

Welcome to the second book i don't own any of the characters except Lilly here is the first chapter i hope you enjoy

i sat near the lake in the forest  looking out. it was one of the rare times i didn't see them. them as in Rue, Foxface and Peeta it was like a haunting.  Rue's life draining from her eyes and Peeta shivering because of his wound then Foxface dying simply because she was trying to survive. there was a snap and i shot us drawing my arrow. Gale and Katniss held up their arms in surrender.

"Katniss...Gale" i breathed heavily

"We saw some turkey's on our way here" Gale started

"yeah the walked right in front of us without a care in the world" Katniss finished.

"how rude of them" i replied

"yeah bend six days down the mine and stupid birds stat to think they own these woods." Gale smiled

"Gale why do you go down there you could get killed. i have more than enough to support us now." i asked

"because i need to do something besides its your money not mine" i went to protest. "don't just don't you earned it and so will i. now come on let's see if we can catch some turkeys. we went through the woods and spotted that a rabbit that we caught. Katniss took it for her family and we went on till we reached the stream and head gobbling. i saw the turkeys and knelt down to kill.

i took a arrow and aimed it at one before firing although it was a turkey i shot it was Marvel i screamed and shuffled back. someone touched me and i screamed again but realised it was Gale i cried as he held me.

"why are they here. it wasn't my fault" i sobbed

"it's alright we're here  Lilly. your safe" he calmed me down i struggled with breaths but broke away and stood up looking around to make sure there weren't anymore ghosts. when i saw none i calmed down.

"i-i think we should go" i sighed then began to leave for the hiding spot.

"how long till you leave?" Gale asks since the games we had become more closer now that i proved i could fight my own battles.

"couple of hours" i mumbled before leaving and went through the gap in the fence.

"Lils what happened back there" Katniss asked

"nothing" i called back we arrived back at the seam and passed the miners on their way home.

"Lilly" i stopped and look back Gale took my arm. "please tell us."

"I'm fine Gale now i really need to see Haymitch. i swear if he's hangover I'll kick his ass" i plastered on a fake smile. i needed to see Haymitch and Peeta. Peeta knew all about my nightmares  because he had them as well and sometimes we'd sneak into each other's houses when i was too much. we'd talk about it and fall asleep together seen as it was the only way we would have bad dreams.

i went to the hob quickly to get two bottle of gin for Haymitch then i went back to the victor village. i knocked on  his door.

"Haymitch" i banged "Haymitch" ugh that man i opened the door and walked into the dining room where he was passed out.

"Haymitch wake up its tour day" i shook him but he still wouldn't wake fine if he wanted to be like that i grabbed the ale that was near him and went to the other side.

i stood back and chucked the remainder of his drink on him he jumped up yelling and i laughed. i couldn't help it.

"what the hell do you think you are doing."

"cameras are going to be here in a hour" i calmed down and then slapped his head "and if wanted to be babied they you should have asked Peeta"

"asked Peeta what" coming in with some bread.

"wake me up without pneumonia" i snorted and went to hug my boyfriend.

"you can be a very dislikeable person sometimes" i then put the two bottle in front of him.

"but you do have your virtues" i chuckled.

"would you like some bread Lil" Peeta asked me

"yeah but on the go." he cut me a slice i thanked him. "Haymitch take a bath....1 hour" i left and went back to mine.

"Lilly did you have a nice walk" Mum smiled at me i looked at them confused

"we have visitors" Rory added and two of Snow's men came out.

"Miss Hawthorne would you like to come this way" i walked into the drawing room where the Prisidant was waiting for me. he was watching the moment that we refused to kill each other.

"such bravery...such spirit...such contempt"

"President Snow" i greeted "what a honour"

"i think we can save the lies don't you?" he replied

"yes such a time saver."

"please sit down" i sat across from him and turned off screen.

"i have a problem Miss Hawthorne a problem which occurred why you revealed those poison berries in the arena. if that Seneca Crane had any brains at all he would have blown you up the second you brought them out"

"but he didn't" i replied

"no he did not"

"and since then i think many in the capitol and proberly the other districts look at that as a good choice."

"some may differ" i furrow my eyebrows

"now i know for a fact that the case of the besotted little schoolgirl you show is true. but others see your love for that boy as a act of defiance and act that you got away with. Which is causing this" he showed me images of fighting and rebelling.

"now if that continues what is there to say part from else seeing this and uprising maybe even a revolution."

"i don't see what this has to do with me?"

"you started this chain of events. the moment you signalled after the 11 girls death was the first riot. after that happens the system may come crashing down."

"what does that say about the system if it falls from a few berries." i retorted.

"more than you can imagine"

"and how should i imagine"

"thousands upon thousands of your people dead. including your family" a picture of me, Glae and Katniss outside the hob "friends" Katniss and Rosie "even they boy you love" Peeta. "do you want that. District 12 ending up like District 13?"

"no" i answered "why don't you kill me?"

"i don't want to kill you. i want us to be friends and if not friends then allies because this is not the games anymore Miss Hawthorne this is real."

"what would you have me do. i never meant to start any of this i was burying someone who should never have been there in the first place. As for Peeta i love him"

"smile, be happy, distract them. make them think and concentrate on you than me"

"yes sir" he hummed taking a white rose

"for you Miss Hawthorne" he places it down and left.