"Lafayette, Lord Washington's nephew, sent a letter to Lord Jefferson's house." Burr sighed.

Madison grimaced. "A challenge to a duel, no doubt. Thomas will certainly answer the challenge."

"Those fools." Burr said. "I would never get into a duel."

"Poor Thomas. Already dead, pierced through the heart by Cupid's arrow. Is he even man enough to fight Lafayette?" Madison mused.

Burr raised an eyebrow. "Why? What's with Lafayette?"

"He's only the greatest fighter in Verona! He does everything by the book. He takes the proper breaks: one, two, and the third in your heart! Lafayette is a gentleman from the finest school of fencing in France. He knows passado - the forward thrust - the punto reverso- the backhand thrust - and the hai - the thrust that goes straight through." Madison gave an example of each thrust as he named them.

At that moment Thomas showed up in the town square.

"Thomas!" Burr called. "Thomas, we're over here!"

Thomas saw them and walked over to his two friends.

"Hey Thomas. You faked us out pretty good last night." Madison chuckled.

"I don't know what you mean, good sir." Thomas said with a shrug.

Meanwhile, the Schuyler sisters had made their way downtown. Y/N had asked them to go into town and seek out Thomas to deliver a message.

Thomas, Madison, and Burr eyed the Schuylers as they passed through town. Burr smirked, and gave the men a smirk as if to say, 'watch this'.

Burr approached the eldest Schuyler and began.

"Excuse me, miss, I know it's not funny, but your perfume smells like your daddy's got money. Why you slummin' in the city in your fancy heels, you searching for an urchin who can give you ideals?"

Angelica made a face, turning away from him. "Burr, you disgust me."

"Ah, so you've discussed me." Burr grinned. "I'm a trust fund, baby, you can trust me."

Angelica's face could only be described as disgusted.

"I've been reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine, so men say that I'm intense or I'm insane. You want a revolution? I want a revelation." Angelica announced.

Eliza, Peggy, Madison, and Thomas all looked thoroughly amused. Burr on the other hand looked quite embarrassed.

"So listen to my declaration: we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal." Eliza and Peggy had joined in with their sister.

Angelica placed her hands on her hips. "And when I meet Thomas Jefferson?"

"Sorry to interrupt you, miss, but I think I'm the man you're looking for. Thomas Jefferson, at your service." He said, giving her a bow.

"If you are the Thomas I am looking for, sir," Angelica eyed him suspiciously, "Then I'd like a word with you."

"Thomas." Madison interjected. "Will you not come to your father's to dine with us?"

Thomas waved him off. "You go with Burr. I'll follow afterwards."

Begrudgingly, Madison and Burr left.

"Now, Mr. Jefferson, may we talk?" Angelica asked.

Thomas nodded, offering Angelica his arm. "Of course, m'lady."

Thomas led Angelica away from her sisters, sitting them down on the edge of the fountain.

"My lady Y/N asked me do deliver a message to you, but first let me say something." Angelica said firmly. "If you are trying to trick my lady, it would be an outrageous crime. She is young and sweet, doing any evil thing to her would be very poor behavior."

"Please, miss, I swear to you–"

"You have a good heart, Thomas. I'll be sure to tell her that." Angelica sighed.

"What will you tell her? You're not listening to me."

"Sir, I'll tell Y/N you wish to propose to her. Which I think is quite the gentlemanly thing to do..." Angelica admitted.

"Thank you, ma'am. Tell Y/N to meet me at the abbey this afternoon. Friar Mulligan will marry us." Thomas grinned.

"This afternoon, sir?" Angelica asked. "She'll be there."