Chapter 3. Sudden news

Ming's point of view

I have to calm down. I need to control myself. I raised my voice when talking to P'Kit and I looked strange. That guy makes me go crazy. He says that he can't stand me but then he worries about me. I'm confused or should I say he makes confused the irrational me, that part of me that makes me want to think that his gestures towards me are because he likes me. I need to grab my rationality to remember that he can't stand me and moreover I'm sure he likes someone else. The only thing I can do is to get away from him, maybe I should get back together with Moonwan. No, it would be too cruel. I already broke up with her because I didn't love her anymore because I started having feelings for someone else. The weather reflects exactly how I feel.

As I come back to my room I'm a mess inside and outside. I take a quick shower and dress again because I have a shooting today. Yeah, since I became the moon of our university P'Forth introduced me to the modelling agency where he sometimes works and now I have to work for it too. I pick my phone and I find a text message. It's from P'Forth.

"Since it's raining, I'm coming to pick you up."

"Ok P'. I'm ready."

"I'll take a shower and I'll come."

"I'll wait for you."

Fifteen minutes have passed and P'Forth arrives. In the car, he asks me if I have something going on as I look like a ghost. I tell me that it's everything okay and I'm just a little bit tired because I couldn't sleep well last night. He nods and to make the trip easier, he starts making silly jokes until we arrive at the shooting site.

I strike pose over pose but I get everything wrong and I get scolded by the photographer. P'Forth can't stand it anymore and asks the photographer to take a break.

F: Hey Ming, are you sure you're ok?

M: Yeah, I'm okay.

F: Really? You usually don't make mistakes.

M: I know P', but today is a bad day.

F: Why?

M: I told you, I'm tired and I can't keep up with the photographer's pace.

F: I'll tell him to stop and to continue another day.

M: Are you sure we can do that?

F: Tiring you out won't get us anything. Moreover, he's a friend of mine and he owes me something so he will say yes.

M: Thank you P'.

F: Wait for me here so we can go back together.

He explains everything to the people who were working there and we can finally get out of here. I was feeling suffocated for a bit and I wanted to run away to stay alone with my thoughts. In the car, I pretend to sleep to avoid talking with P'Forth. When we're in front of my dorm he wakes me up and I go to my room. As I enter the room, I leave my bag next to the door and I fall on my bed. I run my hands through my hair and I take my phone. There's a text from Wayo.

"I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"Do you remember that girl from the Arts faculty who flirted with P'Kit?"

"Yes, I do."

"Well...Pha told me that he talked about it with P'Kit."

"I don't want to know. Ok, I want to know. What did he say?"

"He said that he likes her too."

"Really? Are you joking right? You must be kidding me."

"Sadly, I'm not joking."

"Yo, I'll go to sleep now. See you tomorrow."

I throw my phone on the desk next to my bed and I close my eyes. I should have known that it was impossible that he liked me. I want to sleep because I'm so sad and I don't want to think anymore. I want to empty my mind and forget about everything and everyone. I deserve that.